Where to buy legal/genuine Win7 Prox 64 license?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ian82, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    SO many acronyms, thanks Tito :worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    If its OEM System Builder license, then it is just like retail license but less expensive.

Yah, its a loophole. Thats why Microsoft closed internet activation of (legal) OEM:COA keys.

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    AFAIK - from what I have read, its only the XP coa keys that have been deactivated but a simple phone call would allow a user to activate their COA key for XP.

I am going to try using one of my Win 7 Home Premium COA keys to see if they will activate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I only mention that internet activation is blocked. You can activate via phone (but only one time afaik).

;)

5. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I am already installing Win 7 HP - Eh, I have 3 Win7HP keys, I can use one. :p

6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Update

indeed it does request the Phone Activation method when using a COA key during install.

7. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    so my driver came and the box is small it says OEM System Builder Pack / Intended for system builders only

any limitations on this? if I buy a new laptop in the future can I remove it from my current system and install it on another system?

pls provide some details

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's an open system, NOT based on manufacturer. So you could use it on any branded or even own build computer with no problems. Main difference is that MS will not do real Product Support for that OEM Versions.

Normally it's the System Builder who'll have to take over the Product Support for MS OEM Software because the nature of those OEM Products (Software) say's so very clear in the License terms. In real life that differs for those product's which MS is selling to small "System Builders", even don't know those product's are used in any mean by an System Builder, instead used by any private person.

You'll have to read the "fine" print and License which came with that product for to see hwat Limitation you bought with it as well!!:D

Anyway, I wouldn't bother with that and just use is like an normal "Full" version!

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It possible more often using Phone Activation! Even if the Computer is changed, just need to explain that you changed the MB and viola: done! I done so several times vial the Singapore and Indian MS Activation Center, just was need to real talk to an MS Staff some times!

10. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    got it installed and activated :)

thanks for all the support guys

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're welcome!

Problem solved is the best message!:D:D