Where to download Vista 32 bit recovery disc for Toshiba Satellite A305

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by speedyg, Sep 2, 2014.

1. speedyg

speedyg MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2014
    Good day,

I was uninstalling Acronis True Image Home 2009 from my Toshiba Satellite A305-S6841 using the Acronis uninstall utility and remnants were left behind. (Was still getting Acronis loader at system boot up)

I created a new System Restore point and also backed up the Registry files. I then tried to uninstall the remnants using the Acronis Cleanup Utility found at kb.acronis 34876

I followed the suggestion below and deleted the string data within the Registry Keys. I found the "snapman" string in the Upperfilters of both keys and deleted the info leaving the key data empty. ( Big mistake !! )

1. (!) After using Cleanup Utility, it is strongly recommended not to reboot the machine, go to Start -> Run -> regedit, and verify that there are no snapman*,fltsrv, tdrpman*, vidsflt*, timounter strings in the following keys:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters and LowerFilters
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters and LowerFilters

Now Windows fails to start. Error 0xc000000f - The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. I initiate Safe Mode in order to do a System Restore, but it quits and cycles back to the error above.

I need the Toshiba Satellite A305 Windows Vista 32 bit Recovery disc in order to launch Start up Repair.

Can anyone suggest where I might download this disc besides Toshiba? Shipping costs alone (to Canada) is a ridiculous $34.95 !!!

Canada shipping addresses for US product recovery media
    Recovery media for computers purchased in the US can be shipped to addresses in Canada. The shipping and handling charges for delivery of US product recovery media to addresses in Canada is $34.95 for DVD media or $44.95 for USB sticks.

thanks,

your help is appreciated.