Where to get clean Windows XP SP3 ISO and activate it?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by wazzock, Nov 27, 2016.

1. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    #1 wazzock, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Hello,

Sorry I'm very new to this so excuse my confusion. I see lots of fairly old stickied posts here, but still can't figure out if there's a working link to get a clean Windows XP SP3 install ISO, and links to activators that will activate the installation and get it past genuine checks. Are there recent instructions for this? Thank you!"

kvmk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    Nice one LostED :) :worthy:

4. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    SW_CD_Windows_XP_Professional_32BIT_English_ISO_MLF_X15-05160.ISO is not hard to find.

That is a volume edition of XP, can be activated by vlk, but you need vlk that has not been blocked by MS. There are good xp vlk's floating around in the wild. Google for an xp vlk ending in MTRRM-GJB9W, it was actually issued by MS itself in old virtual machine image designed for internet explorer testing, and afaik has never been blocked.

Or, perhaps better, use oembios changer by 911medic to change license type from vlk to oem:slp, which can never be blocked.

yep, LostEd always seems to have everything anyone might need. ;)

5. kvmk

kvmk MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2015
    Thank you wazzock for restarting this thread, huge thanks to LostED for providing such a comprehensive resource :worthy::worthy::clap: and to CaptainKirk1966 for your tip!!!

This community is amazing!

6. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    The Commisioner helped too, he found your 1st page elsewhere and remembered the topic name. Yen gave his blessing :)

7. kvmk

kvmk MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2015
    Thank you Commisioner and Yen! :D

8. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    #8 wazzock, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    (OP)
    XP can run on 4 services -

Event Log - Plug and Play - Remote procedure Call (RPC) - Windows Audio

for a slimline XP, tweaked and not for internet use, i disable all services except the following in nLite 1.4.9.3

DCOM Server Process Launcher (Needed if you install OR uninstall programs!)
    Event Log
    Logical Disk Manager (Detects plugged in external hard disks)
    Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service
    Plug and Play
    Remote procedure Call (RPC)
    Themes (Needed to display the "Luna" Theme)
    Universal Plug and Play Device Host
    Windows Audio
    Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) (Needed for scanners and cameras)
    Windows Installer (Needed if you install OR uninstall programs!)
    Windows Time

9. kvmk

kvmk MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2015
    Very useful to know for a minimal install! Thanks.

10. test546

test546 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2016
    wazzock, what happened to the original thread? I haven't been on since you last posted in it some days ago and now apparently its link does not exist.

11. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    #11 wazzock, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    (OP)
    mdl was hit by someone who hacked a mods account then they deleted TONS of stuff. The original version of this topic was one of them and it is lost :(

The Original Poster/Topic Starter was kvmk, this is their topic, not mine, i just restarted it.

If you contributed on the original in anyway, please do so again :)

Thank you to The Commisioner and Yen :)

12. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    xp slimmed down with services tweaked is fast on a modern 7200rpm hdd, if you installed on an ssd, it will fly :)

13. test546

test546 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2016
    Yeah, you had been trying to help me with SATA drivers for my Toshiba last week.

That must be really annoying for the owners of the forum. When did the hacking happen?

14. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    yeah, F6 drivers. i was helping 2 in pm but i cleared out my mailbox so i cant remember who asked what :D

it was wednesday or thursday early hours last week. :(

15. kvmk

kvmk MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2015
    Oh yeah I almost forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me, I'm hoping to slipstream SATA drivers into my installation media, too. Should I go to the Driverpacks for that? Or can I ask here? (I'm not aiming for a specific system, I just like to make my installer as compatible with SATA systems as much as possible)

For other things in the old thread, I *think* I was asking about integrating updates and tweaks into it but I can't remember specifics... -_- sorry... I think one thing I want to do is to integrate the security related tweaks by Stefan Kanthak and how to do that...

16. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    Tweaks, ntlite has a lot of tweaks so you may not need additional reg files etc.

Ive never used driver packs, i have all the drivers i needed.

AMD uses 2 different sata controllers, Promise and DotHill. but there are a lot of different ahci drivers, SBx series, AM1, Bolton series for FM2/+.

XP runs on Kaveri fm2+ and has all chipset and display drivers and it runs nicely, even with 4gb single stick crucial ram.

I only use ms updates, not update packs, i cant advise on those :(

17. wazzock

Oct 22, 2016
    #17 wazzock, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    (OP)
  18. NeXtStatioN

NeXtStatioN MDL Senior Member

Dec 29, 2014
  19. test546

test546 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2016
    What exactly is the file on the Microsoft site which is being linked to?