Where to get clean Windows XP SP3 ISO and activate it?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by wazzock, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Its the image of the CD 1 of Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition x64 with SP2 (x64) Evaluation.

2. mrBartlomiej

mrBartlomiej MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2016
    I also realized that you need Windows Image Acquisition if you want to install .NET Framework for whatever reason. If you want to, you can add this to your post. It might help someone if they are going for a gaming nLite build, as .NET is fairly common installed with games.

Also, thank you so, so much for that list. I think you might have saved me hours upon hours of trial and error man :) I'll finally know what is relatively safe to strip in nLite.

3. test546

test546 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2016
    I see. Are other images available directly on Mircosoft's download site?

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    #25 LittlePro, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Need to activate ‘en_xp pro sp3 x86’ in a dual boot with Win 7 Ulti sp1 x86

Need to activate ‘en_xp pro sp3 x86’ in a dual boot where Win 7 Ulti sp1 x86 is already activated with 'Daz Windows Loader' !

Hi to All !
    Sir(s),
    Thank you all for this smart platform !

" Where to get clean Windows XP SP3 ISO and activate it?"

I had the very same question and the first part is already answered in a beautiful way by sir LostEd. But the activation issue is still in question !
    I want to tell you that : (a) I have not gone for the XP installation yet. I am unable to choose between ‘VL’ & the ‘Retail’ , As the activation process may differ ! (b)I plan to dual boot Win 7 Ulti sp1 32 with XP Pro sp3 32 and, For that, I will use ‘nlite’ and ‘Rufus’. (c) as told earlier it is going to be a dual boot ,where Win 7 is already activated by 'Daz Windows Loader' and XP is still not activated ! (d) though I don’t know much about activation(s), I am ready to do the hard work and want to go for the safest and effective solution .
    So, please help/guide me through choosing between ‘VL’ & ‘Retail’ , knowing my options and finally, activating XP in the given conditions !

MY LAPTOP : hp Compaq Presario c700 series; UEFI not supported; System Active partition=100mb (configuration); initially loaded with Vista Basic but when I got it, it was loaded with Win 7 Ulti 64 with no recovery partition(s) i.e. Vista washed out !

Anything else ?

UPDATED : 1st March 2018 : Sir LostED's links are working !

Regards & Thanks,
    LittlePro

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    @Tito :
    Sir,thank you for the response.
    my laptop model is : hp Compaq Presario C795 VU notebook pc.
    please don't mind if it takes 4-5 days to evaluate and answer more productively.
    i will be editing here only !

Thanks & Regards,
    LittlePro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  9. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    Hi to All,

@ Tito : sir, thanks for the reply.

Could you please explain a little :

1. why to prefer bios mod over loader part ? how it would impact multiboots and their activations ? would it further simplify the activations even in multiboots ? (this option is yet to be evaluated !)

2. i ran OEMBIOS tool 1.1. from usb.7z and am a little confused with some things in the results (Bold & Underlined)

"
    Windows XP OEMBIOS Test v 1.1/382/127
    E: Hewlett Packard Company OEMBIOS.CAT CRC 32 = 3BA155E1
    E: Hewlett Packard Company OEMBIOS.CAT CRC 32 = CD4E1902
    the above OEMBIOS set(s) should preactivate Windows XP on this system
    Lines starting with E: are not reliably detected when running under Windows
    Press CTL+ALT+DEL to restart
    C:\> "

3. i suppose that this loader will not corrupt installation and/or activation of windows 7 by Daz Windows Loader ?

4. it seems to be working very much like the Daz Windows Loader. (am i right ?)

5. what are these redundant entries in OEMBIOS LISTS/SETS ?

Thanks & Regards,
    LittlePro ...

10. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    1. Not sure Tito will have to answer that one

2. 3BA155E1 and CD4E1902 are the 2 files that you can use to activate XP (use one or the other)
    OEMBIOS set(s) means that when you download the file above and extract you will get 4 files thus set(s)
    preactivate > Your install disk will now be activated every time you use it to install XP as long as it is on an HP computer
    Lines starting with E: > Ignore

3. It will not and these file sets are not a loader your Win7 and Daz will be fine

4. Wrong! completely different

5. redundant entries > not needed because they will do the same as the above files.

11. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    #31 LittlePro, Jan 27, 2017
    Hi to All,

@ oldsh_t : sir, thanks for the reply. i am quite satisfied.

@ Tito : sir, thanks for all the help.

thanks to this platform for providing the great helping hand(s).

If all goes well, i will be back only after mission accomplished, otherwise i would look for some help in the middle ! it may take long........ !

UPDATED: 1st March, 2018 : Vlk & Oembios changer tool & Oembios sets download liks are working !

Thanks & Regards,
    LittlePro.

12. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    #32 LittlePro, Jan 31, 2017
    Hi,
    Sir(s),

UPDATE: 1st March 2018 : 'vlk & oembios changer tool' AND 'oembios sets' links given by sir Tito above are working !

Thanks & Regards,
    LittlePro.

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I've updated the link.

14. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    Hi,
    @ Tito: thanks sir, but download link(s) for OEMBIOS SETS are still not working. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
    LittlePro.....

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  16. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    This place look different now. Anyway,,,i Have the same problem..I made a ''repair'' for my windows XP pro and at the end say you must activate your copy and i can't pass that screen . by internet no, because is wireless, by phone costumer service told me Microsoft no service XP any more...I plug a phone wire back of my PC and no work...Do you know what i can do. ?

17. kvmk

kvmk MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2015
    I eventually ended up using a volume license key to activate my Windows XP which worked. I think that information is somewhere on this forum.

18. spinalGR

spinalGR MDL Senior Member

Oct 16, 2014
    nice , worked for me !