Where to get official Windows OS CD/DVD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nsw1985, Nov 27, 2012.

1. nsw1985

nsw1985 MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2012
    Hi All,

I am new to these forums and have had a quick look around and like what I see.

Sorry if this question has been asked millions of times but I am really confused :confused:

I have been carrying out work on computers for friends and family off and on for the past year. Work generally ranges from virus removal to upgrades to OS installs. I would say around 50% of the time the computer is given to me with the OS disk which the computer came with (Vista/Win7) and the label on the side/bottom of the machine with the product key is still there.

For the other 50% of the time I struggle to find either the OS CD or the product key.
    I have seen the OS .iso files which can be downloaded from these forums. What I would like to know is, are these .iso files legitimate?

If not then is there anywhere I can download/purchase the OS CD/DVD’s and is there anywhere I can purchase product keys?

My plans moving forward is to carry out more work on a larger scale and I don’t want to be using any illegal software/product keys.

Thanks in advance!!
    Nav

2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #2 LostED, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...