Which Browser is the best?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Happpy, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    No the answer isnot clear-cut, if yoa wanna simplicity&speed, then chrome is da best, if ya wanna extensibility then ff

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    When was the last time you used Chrome, it has Apps and Extensions now and a nice backup settings option using your gmail login.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Polymath

Polymath MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2009
    Just to re-assert my own and others preference for Opera as best browser take a look at this article. You'll have to
    massage the link as I lack the post count for direct links

www(dot)ghacks(dot)net/2010/11/18/internet-explorer-is-the-most-secure-web-browser-whod-have-thought-that

The title is misleading as Opera clearly beats all the others by a long shot on vulnerabilities (higher number on the list is better) :)

Take care

4. shinkou-hadouken

shinkou-hadouken MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    For me..Google and Mozilla

5. Warrior165

Warrior165 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2011
    For me Chrome by a long way, the online sync works great, it also installs all shorcuts & folder layouts, extensions and themes to a new install in a few seconds, I really like the small amount of room it takes up also.

Clip.jpg

6. netant

netant MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Firefox all the way :)
    the best in security & the best in customization. it will behave how you want ;)

7. daredaivl

daredaivl MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2011
    Firefox (with addons) is my favourite .......:)

8. scjbsa

scjbsa MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2011
    Google Chrome the best and fastest !!!!!!!!

9. yowanvista

yowanvista MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2011
    So far I see FF4RC faster than FF3.x on my system

10. deniz

deniz MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2010
    same here..

11. philoubelier

philoubelier MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2009
    After Chronium 11, IE9 will become my preferred

12. nayem09036

nayem09036 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2011
    Mozilla Firefox

13. slyphnier

slyphnier MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
    chrome is for performance ... it fast
    it make single instance for each tab which seems the reason why chrome have better perfomance compared to firefox3

firefox is for stability (well i can't say it stable enough) but firefox have session back up ... so when crash happen it can restore last session
    chrome also have session restore, but from what i know its still not as good as firefox yet

for extension, today either firefox and chrome is same...
    chrome now also have adblock plus ... webdev and other popular firefox plugins

safari... well its just standard browser... all good
    having more than 1 browser is nice, especially for multi account user
    so you can use an account in one browser and use other on another browser
    also webpage that using cookies, rather than clearing the cache to bypass cookies protection, you can just make another browser to bypass the cookies protection (nowdays not much used though, ip detection is more popular)

for IE... well i rarely use IE... but IE have 64bit browser, which is the only 64bit browser (sorry if there other 64bit browser, i don't know)
    the downside flash for 64bit still beta and there might compability issue

14. C.J.Sparrow1988

C.J.Sparrow1988 MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2010
    IE9 final will be released on monday, march 14 at 9 p.m. PST

Chrome is too buggy ...

Firefox takes ages to load and the UI is too cluttered ...

just wait for IE9 ! it will beat chrome and firefox (and all others) in speed, stability and security ... :D

15. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    IE9 as noted will be out on March 14. A lot better now but still behind FF 4.0. From a cold PC, chrome still loads the fastest but reliability of downloads is best in IE. Chrome interface has got boring while FF4 and IE9 have emulated that interface and bettered it (at least for me). Now use FF4 beta 12 a lot which is a lot better and I find it comparable to Chrome 11. I think FF4 final is expected to be out soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. C.J.Sparrow1988

C.J.Sparrow1988 MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2010
    FF4 RC1 just came out ...

17. omya

omya MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2010
    i would say firefox loaded with the mcafee site advisor

18. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    For installation ease, Chrome is the quickest and quickest to configure. It is still the fastest on a cold PC launch.
    For the worst installation experience, look no further than IE9 RC and this is from the exe downloaded.

First, it downloads who knows what (the exe should be sufficient) and then installs and then asks to shut down everything. In that time, one can install windows 7 complete. Will this be the same experience going forward with IE9 final to be launched today??

On another note, google toolbar notifier has a nasty habit of putting itself in the programs to be launched at startup everytime I open and close IE9 (100% in ccleaner tools and many a time in msconfig/start and/or services). This does not happen with FF 4 RC and of course chrome has no google toolbar or a notifier. What should I do to completely and permanently disable this.

19. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
  20. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2011
    Internet Explorer FTW is the best