Which Browser is the best?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Happpy, Oct 28, 2010.

1. fascination

fascination MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2010
    Mozilla Firefox is alright but for extra security reason Internet Explorer is Best....

2. hubbytait

hubbytait MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2011
    Firefox 3.6.1 was much better than firefox 4

3. ahmed hossam

ahmed hossam MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2011
    concerning the speed,light and safety i think it`s all found in the new firefox........so it`s the best :)

4. ahmed hossam

ahmed hossam MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2011
    also i think that internet explorer isn`t as fast as firefox or google chrome

5. sharelink1002

sharelink1002 MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2011
    Vote for firefox 4

6. Mafiaboy

Mafiaboy MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Google Chrome

7. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Win 7 32 bit OS is far from the best (x64 should really have been the only Windows 7), but the Firefox point it completely valid :)

I'm using the 'Nightly' Firefox (thats what it is called now), its actually Firefox 6 alpha. I find it better than FF 4! There is also Firefox 4.2 beta, Firefox 5.0 preview (called Aurora).

To me, Firefox 4.0 was just a little buggy at times, I had it pausing too much, especially if I had the cursor over a flash object and I scrolled using the mousewheel. Firefox Nightly with the same Flash player version no such problem. I'm not saying Firefox Nightly doesn't have bugs, just that I can't find them :D

On the plus side, if there is a bug it would only be a day before it is fixed, since it is true to its title (nightly)...

Now, those that are running Windows 8 alpha (with a build thats coming up to 8 months old, which is just over 2 years before the expected release date), I will find any negative comments regarding the use of Firefox 'Nightly' rather, um, stupid? :D Afterall, I can always just use IE 9 for that day! ;)

8. clarksond

clarksond MDL Novice

May 4, 2011
    The recently launched Microsoft IE 9 is a major improvement to its earlier version of browser IE8. It has a new navigation bar and a better design. It has tabbed browsing feature that allows multiple browsing. Its zoom function at the bottom of each page is very useful and unique. IE9 has great improvements in security and new features compared to IE8. I'd suggest, download Microsoft latest browser from official website and check out all its features.

9. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    CHROME!!!!!!!!! FTW:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

10. MR.M

MR.M MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2010
    Firefox 5 so fast ;)

11. speed.crash

speed.crash MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2011
  12. Netbanshee

Netbanshee MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Firefox tops my list. It's universal, cutting edge and still retains old school functionality and usability.

13. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    chrome 12 is the best right now,faster than anything!!!:)

14. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I am very loyal to FF but somehow I think that recent versions take too long to configure and once configured, automatically `un' configures especially with google toolbar. Also does not auto recover passwords from IE9 (like Chrome does).
    Have tried FF 5 and FF6 but many of my extensions (new tab homepage and google toolbar, etc) do not automatically work in beta versions (they did not work in Ff4 early beta but started working from perhaps FF 4 beta 6-8).
    IE9 is nice but somehow has the habit of putting a `suggested site' on bookmark bar everytime it opens (have disabled suggested sites and what not but nothing helps). Plus, many a time, it does not even ask where to download a file (puts it in C:....downloads)
    Chrome is easiest to configure.

PS: I asked for your advice a few weeks back on a mice/keyboard. Well I just got a Logitech MK710 combo which is quite nice though the keyboard takes a day or two to get used too. I wanted a separate keyboard (K340/350) and mouse (M905) but unfortunately were out of stock at the time. I did not see much difference between M705?? (in MK710) and M905 (which you had advised upon). The mice is good in the hands though not as responsive (on default) as my old, cheaper mouse (combo MK250). MK710 has a unifying receiver with only 1 USB required.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. andhrew

andhrew MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    1)mozilla 4.0 and 2) IE 9.0

16. RYAN2779

RYAN2779 MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    My favorite currently is Google Chrome. Google Chrome is by far the fastest Internet Browser of the main 4 and it has almost as many add-ons as Firefox. As long as it keeps improving I'll keep using it.

Internet Explorer 9 - Moderately Fast, ActiveX Insecure, Terrible User Interface
    Opera 10 - Extremely Fast, Very Few Add-ons
    Firefox 4 - Extremely Fast, Most Add-ons, Less Than Acceptable Page Rendering, User Interface Ripped Off from Opera 10
    Google Chrome 10 - Extremely Fast, Very Good Page Rendering, Many Add-Ons, Plain User Interface Lacks Customization, Missing Print Preview

17. r4e

r4e MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2011
    X2 Ryan2779

18. BibuConn

BibuConn MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2009
    FF is my main squeeze and I'm loving it more since I got my new computer system, but I also use chrome and opera as well.

19. kpo6969

kpo6969 MDL Member

Mar 15, 2010
    FF 6.0a1 x64 and IE9 50%/50%.