Which is safer? Loader or BIOS mod?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by who, Feb 4, 2010.

1. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Yes u can why shouldn't u? The end result is the same regardless if u use my driver or a grub-based loader ( except realloc of rsdp which is quite difficult after winload.exe got executed.... ).

Only the x64 version of Windows 7 is affected by the "test mode" watermark which is caused by a missing digital ca signature.

2. zoobidubi123

zoobidubi123 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2010
    microsoft use removewat software also no use too,i try use windows loader and removewat combine together can update wakakakakakakak ,i seee maybe logic also same same la go die la microsoft

3. Hasselhof

Hasselhof MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2010
    win 7 boot times & system performance, loader activated vs bios modded

Hi guys,
    I just bought some spare parts and built my own pc for the first time.
    I installed win 7 64 from MDL. I was also considering the various activation methods. My main concern is the impact on boot times and system (gaming performance). Is there any difference from that point of view between loader activation and bios mod?

I'll also give you my 2 cents on the safety issue (since this is the subject of the thread). Spare parts cost me 800 euros. As a beginner, it took me one day to put the parts together, get to bios screen, make a bootable usb drive, and install win 7. Windows 7 license costs 90 euros (for home premium, but really I dont need ultimate for what I do with it), and my motherboard costs 94 euros (gigabyte p55 m ud2).
    I looked into the requests of MDL and found that there is already a modded bios available for my motherboard (although its written f4g and I'm not sure mine is f4g or f3). So I could try the bios option. But I think the risk really is not worth it. I'll use the loader activation for a few months, and when my finances improve I'll buy a legit license...
    Only reason to bios mod is if there really is an advantage in terms of system performance, over the loader solution.

Anyway big thanks to all of you at MDL for making this software available! ;)

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    First thing you need to do is go onto your motherboard makers site and find the exact version of your bios if there is a mod available then if you feel comfortable flash with bios mod. If not then use loader for the moment the good thing about bios mod is with OEM SLP machine you can change hard ware and you don't need to activate.