Which is the best Mobile OS?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Nawzil, Dec 14, 2011.

?

Which is the best Mobile OS?

1. Symbian

5.0%
  2. Windows Phone

20.3%
  3. iOS

16.0%
  4. Android

58.7%
  1. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    IOS or Android are the best for me. I'm using those two.

2. David haden

David haden MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2017
    Android mobile is the best mobile OS. It is very simple, easy for use and effective.

3. IOS is the best mobile OS. It is very simple, easy for use and effective.

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    iOS is locked down, restrictive and removes choice from the user, sure there's jailbreak but stock for stock, Android wins every time, Android wins over jailbroken iOS too, no competition

5. Okay. What's better about android vs ios jailbreak ?

What do you NEED to customize for android anyhow ?

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I don't NEED to customise anything, I LIKE to be able to customise anything I want though, you can't customise anything about stock iOS, Android has a huge selection of Launchers, Icon packs etc, it's all about giving the user choice, which iOS does the opposite of

I've owned an iPad Mini 2 and jailbroken it, and tbh the selection of apps for jailbroken iOS vs root for Android, sucks, the quality of apps on iOS are poor too, free apps are just ad machines, apps that are free on Droid such as ES File Explorer are paid only on iOS

At the end of the day, this is an age old argument that no-one ever wins, it comes down to being an Apple fan or an Android fan, and tbh I'm pleased I was never sucked into the Apple brainwashing of selling people a low spec device for twice the price of higher spec competition devices like Android

Same goes for their PCs, for half the price of a Mac you can build a high end gaming PC with twice the power, along with an OS that isn't locked down tighter than a nuns knickers

7. IOS does have app choice; however apps that are free on android are paid only on Apple. Easily jailbroken and all apps pirated. LOL

Macs are locked down? In what way? You just gotta untick the option to only allow mac apps, then you can download os x apps from anywhere..

8. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #188 Muerto, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021

9. UmbraEmsi

UmbraEmsi Emsisoft Community Manager

Sep 26, 2017
    I have both an Android (for leisure) and Windows Phone (for work), i will say Windows 10 Mobile is awesome when used with Win10 on PC, the sync is more than useful.
    But for playing or watching vids, no one can beat Android (especially Nougat v7).

I voted for Windows Phone because of its professional design and active tiles which i inform me right away of what is happening.

10. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    used Moto, Moto with Windows, Blackberry an S4 with Android
    and I like Android, but it's probably the faster hardware that does it
    I'm comfortable with Linux based things

...T

11. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I'd like to have a Moto with Android. I'm waiting for G5S plus to come to Japan. Don't know any info about the plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    I found Windows smooth on the Moto Q9h but it was slow
    other than that I really liked it
    I get ideas for hardware changes from my kids
    they get the stuff and if they like it I go looking
    for what's falling off the turnip truck (ebay)

...T

13. ultimo404

ultimo404 MDL Member

Oct 3, 2017
    I loved Symbian in Nokia phones. Unfortunately its dead. Right now Android is the best because iOS don't have more features.

14. TedShore

TedShore MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2017
    I am using in several devices Windows Phone 10 (and on a couple of older phones WP 8). I.m.h.o. they work quite well and especially WP10 is very intuitive and straight forward. WP8 settings menu is not pretty, but that OS works well, too. Also, all apps I really need are for free without excessive advertising. The most irritating for me is that Microsoft has cut off support of Skype on WP8, while the excellent Here maps & navigator are discontinued on WP10. Therefore I have in my car an old Lumia 625 with WP8.

I have also some Android phones and tablets. In my opinion Android is OK, but somewhat less intuitive to use, and, first of all, more prone to malware and other attacks. Therefore I use only WP10 in my business. Unfortunately WP's future looks quite gloomy.

I have not used IoS except at work for testing. Apple is not especially cost effective and is much more locked down than Android.

15. sorenmvp

sorenmvp MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2017
    Vote for iOS.

16. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. groveflue

groveflue MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2017
  18. an0n107

an0n107 MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2017
    Android on Samsung device

19. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    I choose iOS cos the hardware and software is correlate together better, and the qa make it work perfect ,its important to me, cos it should be first a phone , so stability and responsiveness impact more on my choosing for a phone
    but android is more features rich

20. Marianna7x

Marianna7x MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2017
    I use Windows Phone, much more secure and stable, in my opinion :)