Which LTSC version to Install on my Main Work Machine?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by David Miller, Apr 3, 2022.

1. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Thanks, I needed a laugh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dude Guyman

Dude Guyman MDL Senior Member

Jun 20, 2017
    In my opinion, Enterprise versions, are not more bloated at all, but do have a few actual features that regular versions do not have, like gpedit, bitlock (someone correct me if wrong, I may be confusing old info from Windows 7 a bit with 10)? Then the LTS* versions of Enterprise have less of what I would call bloat, like most of the apps, cortana, onedrive, candy crush, try office, etc. and the ability to set "data reporting" to "security" (off/lowest) instead of just slightly lower. In short you get all the desired tools/features plus a longer supported lifespan, and less of the spyware and crapware. The nearly empty start menu after clean install is glorious.

I still hate it compared to Windows 7, but it's as close as we can get this side of Linux while remaining current and "modern".

3. AleksDBN

AleksDBN MDL Novice

May 24, 2016
    what about Education version?

4. Atenza

Atenza MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2011
    In my opinion, the 2019 version should get lower resource usage than 2021.
    I was using Windows 10 20H2 with Asus T100TA (32-bit), and it was very heavy loading for the netbook.
    But the version 1607 to 1809 worked fine.

5. HSGB

HSGB MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Ah, thanks for that. And all the others advice. As mentioned above, I am new to Windows 10 and amongst all the ASM blubber it steps through I have since learnt that it has a built in keylogger, I mean, is that correct, or are these nowt but nefarious rumours?

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009