Which updates do I need after The Almighty Murphy's November 2014 release?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MonarchX, Dec 7, 2014.

1. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #41 murphy78, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I'm nearly done doing my last 8.1 release. I'll probably look around for people that repost my stuff and just ask one of them to up it for me.

TPB is not back. There are a few cached versions that contain the existing magnet links and such, but there's no ability to make new torrents.
    I'm not gonna stress it. It was a fun way to publish a hobby, but like I said, I haven't learned anything in quite some time and it's getting boring.
    People are more than welcome to make their own updated versions, though. I don't mind helping people. That's also why I made the windows integration thread.
    sysprep/capture is the easiest way to make an updated image if you get past the learning process with using a vm/vhd files.

Cleanup script:
    Code:
    @echo off
    color 1f
        pushd "%CD%"
        CD /D "%~dp0"
    (NET FILE||(powershell -command Start-Process '%0' -Verb runAs -ArgumentList '%* '&EXIT /B))>NUL 2>NUL
    :--------------------------------------
    ECHO -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    echo.                         Component Cleanup Script
    ECHO -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECHO This script will clean-up any superceded updates without making things
    ECHO impossible to uninstall. For example if you install 2 updates and then
    ECHO the next month a rollup update incorporates both of the previous versions
    ECHO fixes, then running this script would remove the previous versions, but
    ECHO not make the new one permanent. Uninstall info is still present.
    CHOICE /c YN /n /M "Run this script? (Y/N): "
    set errortemp=%ERRORLEVEL%
    IF %ERRORTEMP% EQU 2 EXIT
    IF %ERRORTEMP% EQU 0 EXIT
    dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    echo.                                 Finished
    echo Press any key to exit...
    pause>NUL
    Resetbase script is the same except you add /resetbase to the line.
    I still don't recommend using Resetbase unless you're sysprepping or extremely strapped for space.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #42 s1ave77, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    To update Win 8.1 directly in Audit-Modes Admin account (no need to create/delete other) via Windows Update, the latest WU TOOLs Powershell Module/Online Installer options can be used.

They circumvent the non-cooperative Win UI and work nicely :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Perhaps one of us will write a short howto using those for the newbies.
    I'm still busy atm testing this behemoth of a release since I added the CCSL and prostudent images.

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    When the AIO is done, where will it be hosted? Chéz Paul? :p

5. hdmdl

hdmdl MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2014
    I am also curious about if it will fit in a 8gb usb (which can fit 7.4gb of files)

6. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    No, actually. It won't even fit on a dual-layer dvdr. It's going to be about 9.14 GB, so you'd need at lest a 16GB flash drive or a BDR.
    I'm going to post it on KAT as a new user: murphy-78 and I'm just going to post this final month's stuff there.
    I'll still be here on MDL to help people learn how to make their own if they want.

7. hdmdl

hdmdl MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2014
    I actually saw some of your stuff posted without author there. Do you think they can import them to your name so we can know they are your official releases?
    Also you were planning a complete office 2010 December release. Any change of plan on that?
    Many of your followers will be disappointed at your final release decision, but it is your work and your decision. Thanks for all your work.

8. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I don't care what they do with them. I'm not that popular really. I only get a few thousand ppl d/ling them each month.

Yes I'm going to do a full Office2010 and 2013 final version.
    I can teach ppl how to do stuff, but I'm just going to stop after this month.

9. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I do also need to know what specific update. I hope someone give answer to this post. :(

10. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
  11. evgenikox

evgenikox MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2012
    #51 evgenikox, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    I had the same problem, the first 3 uploads or only the first upload can't remember, have to be something different of executable files .exe, .msi ..., after that no problem with upload an .exe, but first you have to talk with the admin to unblock your account, because is blocked from the system automatically..

12. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Dec final versions of win8.1 are up on kickass under username: murphy-78
    and isohunt under username: murphy78

Please don't link there. We don't want to cause probs for the mods :)

13. ByronTaz

ByronTaz MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2014
    Hey Murphy78, I wish you would reconsider this being your final windows version. I get that you are over it, but I wish you would think about sticking around for another couple months to pass the torch to a new person. I think a lot of people would feel better if the next guy gets your stamp of approval. Another thought, I saw in a post (somewhere in forum) that you don't think your that popular, I would have to say that is wrong. Your version pops up on a lot of other torrent sites, and direct download sites, and they are the most trusted. I hope you stick around to train/advise someone new, but either way; Thanks for the fun ride.:clap:

14. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    There have been a few people that have been inspired to do monthly releases. I've been seeing them pop up in the release feeds from time to time.
    I'm always here on MDL if anyone needs to learn something.

15. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #55 CODYQX4, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

16. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    You just go to the site and then add /user/murphy78 or /user/murphy-78 to the url in the bar.

17. Hammerfest

Hammerfest MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2012
    "This is my final month for my torrent releases"

Ill add my own

"This is the worst news I could have read for torrent releases, not even the site you normally used going offline effects me as much"

I have my MSDN, but not enough time to do all the wonderful work you do, losing these monthly's feels like someone is stepping on my family jewels, and thats definitely not one of my kinks...

Means my archive will contain Windows 7/8 and Office 2010/2013 (personally I use 2010) from November/December 2014 till the end of time (or a house and work fire... BRB buying fire proof safe...)

18. Three Lions

Three Lions MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Thanks murphy78 got the link size is 9.28gb so a 16gb flash drive will do the job
    This is what I`ve been waiting for a trusted member & reliable one at that who as always help people here on MDL

I think that we all here thank you & appreciate the time & effort you give to this forum

THANK YOU

19. Hammerfest

Hammerfest MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2012
    eh, still gonna use the Murphy78 release unless the grand master himself comments otherwise...

20. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    That new ISOs should spare any 'monsters', like murph called them himself :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...