Which version are you guys going to use?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by murphy78, Jul 26, 2015.

?

Which version are you guys going to use?

1. Home/Home N/Home SL

5.3%
  2. Pro/Pro N

64.5%
  3. Education

1.1%
  4. Enterprise/ Enterprise N /Enterprise LTSB /Enterprise LTSB N

29.2%
  1. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

There is the plain LTSB version which includes the media package, and it can be installed separately on LTSB-N, no need to install the regular enterprise.

2. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    I will ALWAYS choose Pro or Enterprise, NEVER Home, because Microsoft doesn't tell you exactly what the Home version is not able to do. There should be a comprehensive list of features, but the comparison chart Microsoft put out is woefully inadequate and doesn't enable you to make an informed decision. I first faced this issue in Vista while trying to partition a USB pen drive with Diskpart. After wasting several hours struggling with it, I discovered that it was an OS version based restriction. There are lots of little things like this which you only find out the hard way. Somewhere down the road you might want to try a virtual machine under Hyper-V (maybe to install a legacy program, like a DOS game, or another OS), or try out a different OS using VHD booting. Do these work under Home versions? You'll never know until you try and fail.

3. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Home/Core and Pro, because of legit licenses, permanant activation, and other problems.

For deployments, mostly Home/Core as that's the license most people have.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hellohello

hellohello MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    Hi guys,

Since LTSB won't be receiving feature update, does that mean when newer version released like th2, we will need another LTSB iso?