Which version of Windows is better?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by aboskolo, Dec 25, 2015.

1. kuroda

kuroda MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2012
    ...I think..This concept of what is better can be relative,because what is best for me may be bad for you....And vice versa...:biggrin:

2. Wolfano

Wolfano MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2015
    Best windows 10 version - Enterprise 10240.
    Best version of Windows - windows 7 ultimate.

3. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    You mean Edition. not Version. The version is 1511.

4. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Best is Windows 10 Pro 1511 - best windows and improving regularly.;)

5. Ras0

Ras0 MDL Novice

May 7, 2012
    I like Enterprise because it doesn't forcing upgrade to th2. Also not to windows 10 from 8.1 enterprise, which is i want.

6. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Windows 10 LGBT

7. Fowler

Fowler MDL Member

Apr 1, 2013
    This is subjective.
    Influences:

• Hardware
    • Environment
    • Tasks to be solved
    • Users
    • etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. aboskolo

aboskolo MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    I already have Windows installation which would in your opinion?

9. Fowler

Fowler MDL Member

Apr 1, 2013
    (You may not get it right?)
    I'm not meaningful.
    I make myself from Enterprise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. gearman

gearman MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    Ha Ha! This edition will be a forced update for all !

11. gett

gett MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    Enterprise LTSB
    IMHO

12. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Unles one is a M$ shareolder in no way can think that a system plenty of spyware crap is better than a clean(er) system.

Regarding the version, most of the people who suggest the latest PRO are kids concerned just to have the higher number while having no idea about the improvements, no matter if real or hypothetical.

The good news is that there are some minor improvements on 1511, the bad news is that no one on forums has noticed them.

13. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I haven't found a single Windows OS yet with spyware. All I have seen is that the OS has moved towards the cloud, with communication to the cloud. This is the future of ALL operating systems. I am enjoying it. The cloud is where it's at, and it is only going to get more integrated with the cloud. Windows 10 is just the beginning.

14. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Is it someone else's if you can't config your own? Hey you get off of my cloud ;). I'm good but thanks for the insight.

Regards

15. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Hahaha
    The jokes thread is on another room. :D

Oh... was the cloud not MS.

What counts is that your data arent yours anymore, you are back to the IT from 1950. Feel free to be happy about that, I'm not. That's all.

16. esemef

esemef MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2013
    Most of the people suggesting LTSB have no idea if the issues they have with Pro are real or hypothetical.

I look young, but I'm no kid :) Why are you upset that some people want the latest?

If you have a large install with your own LOB applications then LTSB is definitely for you.

If you're someone who comes here to pirate the latest version of Windows then Pro is probably for you.

Neither is universally better. LTSB for example won't run some software that runs on other versions of Windows 10. You can argue that nobody should want to run that because you don't want to run it, but people will then just ignore your opinion completely. You have no idea if anyone is spying on you, no matter what OS you are running.

17. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Because is blatantly stupid.

The latest and the better are two definitely different things that rarely are coming together, in the latest years.

No matter if those amazing novelties are coming from MS google or any other big brother.

18. esemef

esemef MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2013
    #38 esemef, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    It's blatantly stupid that you think you can dictate to someone what is better when the choice is subjective.

Pro 1511 is better for me than Pro RTM. Both are better for me than LTSB. Exactly what is your argument? That my experience is wrong and we should all follow you? Including all the people with free legal Home/Pro upgrades, who should run LTSB illegally?

It's ok to be a luddite, but you shouldn't troll or abuse others for their choices.

19. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Care to detail?

Convince me! I know perfectly most of what is changed, but I'm curios to know what you noticed aside the build number.

20. esemef

esemef MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2013
    #40 esemef, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Performance is better, there appear to have been some kernel improvements. Maybe the compressed memory, but I don't really know. I'm running on ghetto hardware at the moment, so I easily notice optimisations.

Feature-wise spotlight is available on Pro now, in RTM it was only available on Home. The Alt-X menu is now grey instead of white. I personally don't care but some people might, but I noticed.

I have no idea what the build number is, I don't look at it.

I generally install the latest of everything because I find I have less long term problems. I may have more short term problems, but when a change occurs that breaks something then I feel there is more chance that I can get it fixed now than 10 years from now. You obviously have different feelings, requirements and tollerances, therefore your choice is different. Nothing I write can change you, nothing you can write can change me. Neither view is universally correct. Therefore I don't see any point in getting upset.

The longer you stick with LTSB then the greater the shock you are going to have when moving away from it, while I pick up the changes as I go along. Newer is better for me because I avoid the psychological damage that people who stuck with 98/XP/7 have to go through. You can argue about technical reasons why older is better, but if they ignore the human component then it's a flawed argument. Feel free to exert your influence over Microsoft so they make better technical decisions, although IMO they are better now than they have been in their entire existence.