Which version of Windows Server 2003 does key belongs to?!

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by moukem, Oct 10, 2009.

1. ttinlv

ttinlv MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    The COA key on the server is for the Dell OEM DVD that would have shipped with the server, "ONLY" if the media option was ordered at the same time. And with a COA on the server indicates that a preinstalled version was ordered on the server. OEM CD's usually do not work as the key is attached to a DVD version.

2. delta925

delta925 MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2010
    #22 delta925, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
    sebus - thanks for posting.
    I will read carefully and try to create a suitable CD

ttinlv
    It would have been very naughty if Dell had supplied a DVD as the unit has a CD-ROM drive rather than DVD-ROM drive fitted.
    I have looked on hard drive and can not find option to create a CD, again this would have been very naughty of Dell since the unit has a read-only drive not a writer.

I have looked with a key-finder and the installation key matches the key on the COA.
    Certainly with XP installed by Dell the installation key is common and different from the COA.

I want to do a fresh clean installation on a new hard drive.

Update:-

With your help I created a CD that accepted the key on my COA.

I used 7-zip to extract the trial ISO files.
    I downloaded the files to change for the OEM version and replaced the trial version files.

I downloaded Microsoft Corporation.img then used a full version of Nero to create the bootable CD using the Expert Settings to set the Nero options to No Emulation and Number of loaded sectors to 4.