which W7version will be best for a netbook???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by christian666, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And how do you activate this version?

sebus

2. Techiekid

Techiekid MDL Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I agree with WinFlp, if you are familiar with the OS then there is nothing really to installing ultimate or starter or basic. But some people don't know what to disable and what not to. In that case win 7 basic is about right for you.

My experience with netbooks is that they are definitely slow with 7 ultimate. I install that all the same( because it is an Oem install )and disable several features. There is actually no need to have heavy graphic intensive processes running, defeats the purpose of netbooks. I would have even run android( smartphone os) on netbooks if it was a bit more beefy with less bugs. I'll play around with win 7 embedded to see if I can get it suit my netbook perfectly as most people say win 7 embedded is modular.

3. donalgodon

donalgodon MDL Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Rather than start a new thread, I'd like to ask advice on which services (and how) I could disable to make Professional (which I've already installed on my Netbook) to be more Netbook friendly as is Home Premium WITHOUT having to re-install the OS.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice anyone could offer in this regard.

To sum up: I'm looking to find out which services I can disable to bring the performance of Home Premium on a Netbook to the Professional version. Does that make sense? :)

4. Night Owl

Night Owl MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2009
    Just two posts before yours, WinFLP posted the URL to Black Viper's excellent Windows 7 Service Configurations.