Who knows how to mod a Toshiba Portege M200 BIOS?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by peterpaulw, Aug 10, 2009.

1. peterpaulw

peterpaulw MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2007
    #1 peterpaulw, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. peterpaulw

peterpaulw MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2007
    #3 peterpaulw, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  3. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    >.< Reboot your PC, hit f8 till it gives you an option to enter setup. Then look and see at the Top on setup what it says.

On my pc i Have to hit f8 then on the 2 options i have to hit the Delete key to enter my bios setup yours might be a bit different. For instance, my setup Reads (at the top) Phoenix Award.

See what it says and let us know.

4. peterpaulw

peterpaulw MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2007
    #5 peterpaulw, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Notebook PCs are usually a little quirky, especially Toshiba it seems. On the M200 its Esc + F1, and it says:

Code:
    ACPI Bios 1.80 
    and the usual settings. There is no further info about the origin of the BIOS on both pages of settings. It seems, that Everest is right and it really is a 'Toshiba' made BIOS.

Would that mean that it cannot be modded?

5. peterpaulw

peterpaulw MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2007
    Could one of the bios modders please share his insights? I would like to analyze the bios myself, but I do not know where to start. :confused:

Are Award, AMI, Lenovo, Phoenix, Insyde bioses the only bioses that can be modded, or is there any chance of modding a Toshiba made bios like on the M200?

Don't the bioses have a common structure determined by the ACPI norm, so that even an unknown bios could be modded using the proper tools?

WOW7 works well on the M200 and obviously successfully mods the bios after being loaded in memory. Couldn't the same approach be used to attach the slic 2.1 table in the actual bios, before it is loaded into memory?

Which tool would give me a structural view of the bios, to help me gain some insights into how feasible it would be to mod it?

Thanks for any assistance,

Pete