WHO to recognize video game addiction as real disorder

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Katzenfreund, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    #1 Katzenfreund, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi Katz well I'm addicted with Formula1 2008/2010/2012/2015/2017 also Valentino Rossi but I think that my head still good :p
    Merry Christmas and Happy new year dude :D:hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    a real addiction is cell phone use and social networks , ever see a crowd of people with out at least half of them unaware there are people around them , people don't look at each other any more ! we are becoming more unhuman and more mechanical we cant talk to each other any more we have disconnected from the real world ! I play games for hours when I'm bored halflife 2 the bioshock series
    but I don't live to play games some people cant separate fantasy from reality I think that's why there are more real life killings , we are evolving in the wrong direction

4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #4 Muerto, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021

5. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    1. seeking the higher high
    2. taking increasing risks to attain the high
    3. an increasing willingness to hurt the people that care about while seeking the high

A lot of activities fit into this.

6. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    all games , tv or what ever are ok in moderation , games work the brain to solve problems , tv helps you to keep up to date with the world around you and excites you when your team wins !
    its the young kids sitting in the corner on their cell phones that never look up never talk to people , there life is their cell phone , its their reality , and when they get older they have to go into the real world there upset because things are not what they thought it should be (and yes we have adults like that today)

7. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    I cant believe the prices parent's are paying for a 12-13 year old's cell phone and find out there on food stamps ! I guess im old my generation had to work for s**t ! then you watch them out side of school and you know where the term zombie came from they sit next to each other and never say a word just stare at the phone and their thumbs move !

8. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    You have to wonder what kind of impact that behavior will have on a child's social development. I can't believe so many parents are willing to pay for their kids to have full featured phones like that.

You can still get basic phones. My wife has always had one, no text, no internet, just voice. My phone is fully featured, but I don't use it for much other than voice and sparingly for text.

If I had young teenagers I'd hear no end of crying about the phone. It is definitely good for a child to have a phone for emergencies and such, but I wouldn't give them text and internet.