WHO to recognize video game addiction as real disorder

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Katzenfreund, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    #1 Katzenfreund, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi Katz well I'm addicted with Formula1 2008/2010/2012/2015/2017 also Valentino Rossi but I think that my head still good :p
    Merry Christmas and Happy new year dude :D:hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zen45

zen45 MDL Senior Member

Feb 25, 2010
    a real addiction is cell phone use and social networks , ever see a crowd of people with out at least half of them unaware there are people around them , people don't look at each other any more ! we are becoming more unhuman and more mechanical we cant talk to each other any more we have disconnected from the real world ! I play games for hours when I'm bored halflife 2 the bioshock series
    but I don't live to play games some people cant separate fantasy from reality I think that's why there are more real life killings , we are evolving in the wrong direction

4. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    I think the WHO need to STFU, anything can become an addition, doesn't mean it's a mental health disorder. It's in our nature we become addicted to things that we enjoy. People sit down and watch television ALL night after work, while not paying attention to their kids, why is this not a mental disorder, prioritising the mind nulling box over your children?

Rediculous, gaming is entertainment as much as, even more than television and more hours are spent watching television than gaming. It makes no sense.

5. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Member

Nov 7, 2017
    1. seeking the higher high
    2. taking increasing risks to attain the high
    3. an increasing willingness to hurt the people that care about while seeking the high

A lot of activities fit into this.