Whos using Windows 8 7989 for there primary OS?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by luke, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    There are quite a few here. LOL :bananajoj2:

2. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    hahaha, that's true :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. azndarklight

azndarklight MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2008
    Hums all this makes me itch to install. Currently on 7 x64 with sp1.

4. Pegatron

Pegatron MDL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Windows 7 is in the history books.

5. Blizzarddemon

Blizzarddemon MDL Novice

May 9, 2011
    I would give it a go, but I think I'd miss my custom VS too much.

6. Pegatron

Pegatron MDL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Why won't it work? The only thing I haven't been able to customize is the start orb. I don't use Dream Scenes, so I don't know about that.

7. Blizzarddemon

Blizzarddemon MDL Novice

May 9, 2011
    Oh really? I was under the impression since it's a new OS then they wouldn't be compatible, guess I should be more informed before I post. Definitely going to have to give it a shot

8. jblues

jblues MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2011
    7989 is really nice.. went back to win7 though because of the shutdown/restart issues (it sometimes fails me randomly based on same routines), and how I can't get Windows Live Writer to work.

9. thunderstormx

thunderstormx MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm using it. In fact every build except 7959. Why not to use it when it boots and works faster than anything else?(9.9/10)(Gigabyte G41--Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5500 @ 3.2 GHz--DDR3 @ 1333-- HDD : 2WD -(1)ATA 80GB (2)S-ATA 500GB). I'm telling you it flies at everything like a stabbed rat. :)

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why would anyone use it as their primary OS system, completely useless at then end of the day you will need to reformat and uninstall it when RTM comes out.

11. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Because is fast, and the boottime is smthg like 6 sec and u're ready..... it install and find all drivers without automatic update-no connection-(seven can't do on four PC...it misses one or more drivers..)

So that's why we are here.... he he it's our passion, how many times u reinstall SO for tests....:D:D

till RTM is a long time..... so we have to play at tests....
    More over everyone here has seven installed for further needings....:p

:D:D:D:D

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Normally that's why you try beta OS systems in virtual machines, it may be your passion playing around with new OS but testing is useless because only official beta testers can post results that can give feedback to MS.

13. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    VM's are only so good at testing. VM's do not give you real world results for your hardware though, thus making a real install just as viable. And no, testing is NOT useless, because you get real hand's on experience with your hardware using a real install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ OvaryActing, I understand VM's not good for hardware testing gone slightly of the subject what I was saying was I would never use beta OS system for my primary OS this is the whole point :)

15. gompa

gompa MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2011
    so when testing the build and finding it works as good or better than windows 7.
    its stupid to boot it as main os ? o_O

16. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    Off topic - sorry: I very like Super Moderators and Administrator participating in this thread and other threads to interact with members, so that we know their opinions as well as other members' also. Thank you! :thumbsup:

17. Pegatron

Pegatron MDL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    VMs for me are for just seeing if software works at all, or copying system files, worthless for real world work tests. You must install.... every ..... last...... leak.......

18. Yanze

Yanze MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2011
    I think I read somewhere that Microsoft collects anonymous usage data from all Windows 8 systems, they use it for telemetry or what is it called. For example they can collect system crash info, see what drivers, etc are causing most of th e problems. So just by running Windows 8 and doing your regular work you still add a little something to the development of our lovely Windows 8.

19. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    LOL!!:laie: Leaked Version of Windows as primary OS!!:fear:

Never :D

20. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Idd never, and lol all the talk about VM's, is Windows Native VHD booting so damn unknown? this allows you to expirence your 'real hardware', so you guys saying VM's is not the same have no valid point, really... :)