WHS 10 users limit overide -

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by alokomac, Apr 20, 2010.

1. alokomac

alokomac MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi all,

New to the community Im looking for a solution to this limit as I have now 12 people working in the company regularly.

I find WHS very easy to admin and use for backups of multiple computers and I dont need too much features other servers can offer.

Thanks for your help, I searched the forum for an answer but couldnt find it.

2. Hustle910

Hustle910 MDL Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hi, You cannot increase the user limit of 10 on the WHS. The only option you have would be to purchase a second license (to cover up to 10 more computers) and have 2 servers running.

3. curriegrad2004

curriegrad2004 MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2008
    Personally, I would ditch WHS completely and start out with a SBS 2003 or a real Windows Server 2003 environment. The benefits that those two have actually outweighs the complexity of using them.

Windows Server 2003 and SBS 2003 both have Active Directory built right in. WHS has it too, but I wouldn't recommend it. Besides, Windows Server 2003 when used correctly, it does allow you to use WPAx-RADIUS (or also known as Enterprise version of WPA) and the main advantage of WPAx-RADIUS is you don't have to set a password and hope it doesn't get leaked to somebody else, or in the worst case scenario, being cracked by a script kiddie.

It's just my thoughts on a business using WHS as a server OS.