Why are some of the 8.1 design team idiots??

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by harrismail, Apr 5, 2014.

1. harrismail

harrismail MDL Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Why on earth would they actively and intentionally take out the "Dim the Display" feature in the power options for laptops in 8.1????

The only people who are dim are the idiots who thought this would be a good idea...

Sheesh:dunno:

2. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I am so glad it's gone! sheesh! :dunno:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Why would you say that? do you use it, does it bother you at all?

When I drive my truck I dim my monitor every day when it gets darker, so its easier on my eyes and I don't have the reflections on the windows. Very useful, believe me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Don't read ian's posts, they are just :blahblah1:

5. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't mind good laugh now and then ;)

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Just a matter of user preference.

"They" can never satisfy the entire userbase, there will always be those who like a feature and those that don't.

I personally don't really like screens that auto dim, but I use it none the less on every laptop for the sake of battery consumption...and thus manage to turn a dislike into something that can still be used in a postive way ;-)

But on a sidenote, "they" really are idiots imo...just try to make a custom theme and you'll find hundreds of design flaws be it xp, vista, 7 or 8... Same with the coding, just ask any real programmer that knows something about MS code...they always overcomplicate. :giggle:

7. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Huh? This is the "dim, but not turn off, the display after X minutes of idle" feature. Manual display dimming is still there. Automatically dimming the display in response to an ambient light sensor is still there. Turning off the display after X minutes of idle is still there.

I don't like that the feature was removed. But it was a very minor feature, and not at all what you're describing.