Why I don't like Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Super Spartan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I'm betting LTSB N would do the best of the 10 versions, but I don't know if it could ever beat 7 on an old API.
    7 basically has nothing else running most the time. 10 LTSB N probably has twice as many services and apps going by default.

The whole point of using newer api is that they can compensate for these running processes by planning things out better.

2. awaisagha

awaisagha MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2010
    I was amazed to read the comments of yours. Believe me i used to write same but people thought i am crazy. Windows 8 or 8.1 just shows the desktop earlier but meanwhile it is loading and people think that OS boots faster. HOWEVER, if according to the people, system boots faster, and 7 takes time. How much time it would be, in your blind guess. May be 10-20 seconds late. Then, i want to say something to people who favor 8 and 8.1 that i can wait 20 sec more for 7 to load. I don't need to see my system to show the desktop, the very moment i press power button.

3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    OK guys, back to rules and topic, or this thread is going to be demolished as well. Enough of Win 10 kindergarten.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. crippled_man

crippled_man MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2014
    Does anybody know whether this update is related to the W10 bump? KB2952664. Just got it today in the update.

5. drnoellyg

drnoellyg MDL Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Definitely. Also, this post probably doesn't belong in this thread, but seeing how things are going I also don't see how it can make it worse :D

6. LEXX911

LEXX911 MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I like Windows 10 so far. It's the best between 7 and 8.1. It still have long way to go before we get a better experience version.

1- Windows Updates!
    Totally agreed about Windows updates. Microsoft is asking for problem when they release some buggy crap that force everyone to update and you have a massive of unhappy Windows users.

2- Control Panel vs PC Settings
    Agreed with PC Settings. It's all over the freaking places jumping from one places to the next just to change a simple thing. WTF with SETTINGS that you can only open one instance instead of a separate panels? How the hell am I suppose to play around in the Personalization and Display Settings at the same time?

3- Privacy
    I turn off a lot of things since we don't really know what exactly going on here.

4- Windows Updates Bandwidth Sharing
    At least you have the option to just turn it OFF.

5- Start Menu
    I'm getting use to Start Menu. Beginning to like it.

6- Windows Photo Viewer
    How did this piece of garbage become the main photo viewer? Someone seriously need to be fired. This garbage photo viewer is meant for tablet since it's totally basic functions that isn't even meant to be use on a desktop. What kind of a garbage photo viewer with a crappy - and + to enlarge the photos that you can't freaking go to the next photo until to click the POS - button to shrink it to the original size before you can go to the next one.

7. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    Hi, I have carefully read and fully agree all the points, between all the things wrong imposed updates are certainly the worst thing
    microsoft has not understood that the PC must be PC not tablet, to risk doing both comes out crap as win10
    by imitating increasingly apple will take it in the ass

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. TANWare

TANWare MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    Just too make one point, for those saying, excusing the OS for being new then in 6 months when everything is fixed it may be time to revisit the OS. This is if in that time frame they will fix it to those consumers liking. TBH I would not trust them saying we are listening as I have yet to see them listen to the majority of consumers yet. For them saying (we put options there to not use the spying etc.) 99% of mom and pops will not sort through all those menus nor understand the rhetoric.

Just to float another point, with all the concerns of this being an ad/spyware OS business is never going to go for it.

9. deadsmiley

deadsmiley MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2014
    There is a member over a notebookreview forums that has had 3 laptop screens blown out by Windows 10. They are all Alienware machines. I am going to stay far away from this release until they fix minor things like that.

Besides, I still use software that won't run on Win 8/8.1. It's pretty niche and I use it for my business. There is no alternative.