Why i installed VistaTcpipUacPatch2.0, still cannot use utorrent or foxy smoothly?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by snailfong, Jul 4, 2008.

1. snailfong

snailfong MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2008
    i made sure that my tcpip version is 6.0.6001.18000
    i followed the instructions and installed the patch already
    but the speed of BT and foxy still not as fast as winXP
    what's the problem ?

besides, when i am using BT, the speed of IE is signifantly slower, or there are any additional settings need to be used ?:confused:

p.s i am using vista ultimate SP1 32bit version

2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. snailfong

snailfong MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2008
    thanks for your help
    but should i unstall VistaTcpipUacPatch2.0 before using this ?

4. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Yes, uninstall the pacth and install the Cracktcpip.sys.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Virtual

Virtual MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2008
    Same Windows vista version as him, I tryied with both patches, the download stays always at max 1.4 mb/s, I tried from a nother laptop with vista also but without sp1 and download goes to 3-4 mb/s maybe even more.
    What I see as improvement is that the browser loads pages normally now... before it took ages to load a page while i had utorrent running.
    What solutions?

6. Virtual

Virtual MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2008
    I started thinking why is limited to exactly 1.4 mb/s and then I realised that 1.4 mb/s is 11 mbit/s which means my wireless card is running at the 11 mbit/s old speed, how can I make my wireless lan card run at 54 mbit/s, speed at which is my router is running ?

7. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Try updating the drivers for your wireless card.