Why i uninstalled windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tinux, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinux

tinux MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2012
    At first it looks fine and fast.
    few days later it started going slow and many features stopped responding.
    I decided to test it further
    I had local account which worked frine until i wanted to use one app from store and as you know it asked me to log in to ms account fine i did that and used the app then i wanted to go back to my local account i could not no matter what i did. I was forced to add another account and again i could not have it as admin which means constant password entry. too bad
    i then decided to refresh the PC the option is not there anymore instead it brings you stupid refresh on a bing search stupid.
    i then found it in recovery fine again i clicked on it and bingo blank screen waited waited and clicked on off button and rebooted and bingo the PC says please wait while we refresh great it worked but wait 2 accounts came up and i was asked to chose which one but how?????? no ok botton to ckick on rebooted again and same issue
    so i decided to go further by resetting whole PC not working so
    I decided to use my backup image and re-imaged my old windows 8
    Thank you Ms i do not like it .
    back to classic start up and everything is fine.

2. Soiarn

Soiarn MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    First and foremost, Windows 8.1 Preview is not for everyday usage, it's for experimental testing usage by advanced PC users.

This problem could've been easily avoided if you just stuck to one Windows account, and registered with your Microsoft account or upgraded to a Microsoft account. I don't know about the truth to a few days later it started going slow and many features stopped responding" sounds to me like user error. Personally, I've been using Windows 8.1 Preview with *less* hassle than Windows 8. For the start menu, I talked directly to the creator of StartIsBack, and he said the following statement; "StartIsBack for 8.1 will come in July or August".

3. MeMy&Myself

MeMy&Myself MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2012
    ^That. People just don't understand it. "Why i uninstalled windows 8.1?" I answer u: Because u should not have installed it in the first place. It's beta, is not ready and is not for everyone.

4. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    If you use ms account or local account to setup win8 or win8.1, stick with that account, otherwise you'll have problems...

5. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    The 8.1 preview FAQ had said that in the 8.1 final build users will have the option to start a local account on installation, so I guess this feature is just a semi-finished thing for the preview, and you need to tweak a bit if you wish to start a local account. :p

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As mentioned by me and others many time, MS declared very clear that those Windows 8.1 isn't for any productive work and that experienced users should use it just for testing purpose!

The use of an local account could be fine as long as the user didn't will use Store Apps! If the user will use Store-Apps, he need to change to the MS Account and run further on! Revert back to an local account will just produce unexpected problems which couldn't be avoided, except the user keep the MS account running once he had changed to it!

Problem many times is that the users didn't listen to those who having already a lot experiences and/or even avoiding for to read the required infos from the developer! Shouting and complaining to the developer and others, incl. those who warned them already, while they should do so to themself in first line.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. dippyweb

dippyweb MDL Member

Oct 3, 2011
    :D 10 characters

8. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
  9. tinux

tinux MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2012
    #9 tinux, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    (OP)
    Lol! @ User error :D I have been testing windows since Windows 1.0 so i am not a newbie and no there is no user input error. I know unfinished product will have issues but i did not expect major issue such as this

Ms allows people to upgrade in order to test their product and yes it is a preview etc... but basic features should still work like refresh and adding admin user.
    I will try with fresh copy and see if it works cos mine was an upgrade. also shut down takes 55s without any program running. startup takes 45s (10s to uefi bios)
    my normal windows 8 takes 17s to start and 10s to shut down with all programs running

10. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    #10 LQQL, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    If you ask me, I don't give a damn about the reasons u did an uninstall. I don't really see a point for this thread anyway. It's always the same. People got stuck in their same old environment and people are creatures of habit and that often causes the problems w/ all new Windows *whatever*. That's my opinon about that...

Try new stuff. Go new ways. Maybe there are better ones.

If not you can fu*k all this and reinstall Windows 8 or whatever fits your old enviroment and be happy! ;]

11. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Don't see what the fuss is about - the guy was just sharing his experiences - I'm pretty sure he knows it's a beta
    - btw no need for vulgarities to make your point..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Closing this thread I see it going nowhere.