why new cpu support only windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by LiteOS, Feb 10, 2017.

1. brownimfc

brownimfc MDL Senior Member

Jan 25, 2015
  2. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brownimfc

Jan 25, 2015
    Mobo maker.

There was a utility on the mobo support DVD for creating a USB installation drive from a W7 DVD.

4. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Does this utility do anything else than injecting USB drivers to windows media boot.wim?

5. brownimfc

Jan 25, 2015
    It created a bootable USB drive which I used to install Windows 7, W7 wouldn't install from the retail DVD I have.

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #46 endbase, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. highpoint

highpoint MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2014
    #48 highpoint, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Actually it's not... the coding architecture for CPU support is the same across all OS's since Windows 7. All Microsoft has to do is provide the same damn updated CPU-k for Windows 10, which is a VERY SMALL update to the HAL and CPU-k, for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 and push it out through Windows update. It's not that damn hard.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "depreciated" OS, especially when you clearly know nothing about computers or companies and individuals who are still operating Windows 7. I know several dozen large and well known hospitals and very large companies who are still utilizing Windows 7, because of the fact that IT and management for these organizations are in complete disagreement with telemetry and other hard-coded bullcrap in Windows 8/8.1 and 10. EDIT: These companies can and will dictate EOL for Microsoft. These same organizations extended the EOL for Windows XP far beyond Microsoft's stated EOL.

Eventually there will be an update either by Microsoft or by a 3rd party, if not by Microsoft then someone will provide the information and users will then be able to slipstream the data.

8. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    microsoft is a company out to make money.

microsoft make computer software to sell to make money.

if you dont buy the latest product because you are happily using an older product that still functions well, microsoft doesnt sell product Y because you are still using product X.

therefore microsoft will use every trick in the book(and invent new tricks) to get you to buy product Y. they will not care it it is ethical, legal or whatever. you must but product Y because they say so.

as a user i say f--k you and use whatever i want to use.

9. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    From what I understand updates will still work on all platforms except Kaby Lake/Ryzen, which means it affects a really small amount of users. Windows 7 is more than 10 years old with mainstream support ended, and it's no longer sold. I don't see what's the deal here...

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    It just means that Microsoft is going out of their way to try and make Windows 7 is dead before the 2020 expiration date gets here. Most folks will be replacing their hardware in that 3 yrs time frame and Microsoft wants to be sure it'll be with their Windows 10 adware when they do.

11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  12. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Of course they have an agenda. They want revenue form ads, cloud services and windows store apps. I'm not defendind MS, but is there any other reliable way of improving windows at current pace without gathering crash dumps, error logs and usage data?

13. draken

draken MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Windows 7 is a stable and mature OS and did not have telemetry stuff until recently.

14. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Fixed that for 'ya. CEIP was always there, but not forced.