Why no image file of Win 8 OEM DVD?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by himanshu4u84, Feb 9, 2013.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I'm not sure the normal Windows 8 RTM could be used to reinstall on an Laptop with OEM Version/BIOS!

This version would be useful for those Lenovo owner who didn't have and active Recovery Partition or had deleted that one!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I've seen exactly one non-rtm file on the internet. A guy named John6425 upped his x64 download on TPB.
    From what I've seen, it was well done, but you cannot integrate anything at all.
    It has an install.esd instead of an install.wim, and I have no idea how to convert a wim to an esd.
    I would seriously love to. ESD file was much smaller than wim. I think that it doesn't have sequential file compression, but whole archive compression.
    If anyone knows how to create these install.esd files, please let me know in a pm or something. I would LOVE to get that kind of compression going.

3. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #63 CEW, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    It activates fine with a Pro key.

Oem machine not required.

Seems the oem stuff is in boot.wim.

Applying the image from install.wim looks normal. No oem stuff in there as far as I can tell. Haven't looked at it much tho. There might be some extra drivers.

Anybody who wants the oem logos etc might just as well dig them out of boot.wim

4. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    #64 BTOR, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Any of the following type could be activated with an appropriate key.

OEM-DM

OEM-NONSLP

Retail

Volume-CSVLK

Volume-GVLK

Volume-MAK

Code:

The SKU folder contains the following files and folders
    Under folder csvlk-pack
    csvlk-pack-ppdlic.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-1-pl-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-1-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-1-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-2-pl-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-2-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-2-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-3-pl-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-3-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-3-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-4-pl-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-4-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms csvlk-pack-Volume-CSVLK-4-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms ​
    Under folder Professional
    Professional-OEM-DM-1-pl-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-OEM-DM-1-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-OEM-DM-1-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-OEM-DM-2-pl-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-OEM-DM-2-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-OEM-DM-2-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-OEM-NONSLP-1-pl-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-OEM-NONSLP-1-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-OEM-NONSLP-1-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-ppdlic.xrm-ms Professional-Retail-1-pl-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Retail-1-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Retail-1-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Retail-2-pl-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Retail-2-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Retail-2-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-CSVLK-1-pl-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-CSVLK-1-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-CSVLK-1-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-CSVLK-2-pl-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-CSVLK-2-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-CSVLK-2-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-GVLK-1-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-GVLK-1-ul-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-MAK-1-pl-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-MAK-1-ul-oob-rtm.xrm-ms Professional-Volume-MAK-1-ul-phn-rtm.xrm-ms ​

5. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
  6. kutafon

kutafon MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2012
    There is nothing from Dell on this ISO. No logos, wallpapers, oem folder etc.

7. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    check this Folder

Windows\System32\spp\tokens\skus You should find files related to CoreCountrySpecific ,

Other oem logos and autounattended files should be in Boot.wim.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What a guy you are? You got all infos and Links for to produce the ISO on your own and now ask for the work to be done by others?! That's may everything but appropriate!

You have the Guide, the Links, just go ahead, download and do YOUR work.

Other user have to pay for the Internet time for to down- and upload same as yourself! This forum is for to give you the help but the work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    You are correct,the only way this dell iso works is in VM environment,at least that was my experience,i tested on 2 laptops an 3 pc's,will not boot

10. teko

teko MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2011
    #71 teko, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

How to do this ???