why rapidshare not torrents

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sebipo, Jun 30, 2008.

1. sebipo

sebipo MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2008
    many people r using rapidshare nd yet its givin them difficulties, time delay nd u nid to buy the premium account. Torrents r jst free nd there r no time delays.

2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    True, torrents are free and there are no time delays but there are some disadvantages:

1. If there are only a few number of seeders, the download speed can be very slow.
    2. If there are no seeders, you will not be able to download.
    3. Some files require you to register with the appropriate tracker before you can download.
    4. In order to have a decent download speed, you have to try to maintain a download/upload ratio of at least 1.00.
    5. More often than not, forums such as this forum ban torrent links.

Rapidshare on the other hand, may have some inconveniences such as their CAPTCHA and the time delay for free users but it can be overcomed for users with dynamic IP addresses. Time delay is due to the Rapidshare servers logging your IP address when you download a file. Users with dynamic IP addresses just need to change their IP address after each download to avoid the time delay. There are programs out there that can automate this process for you such as CryptLoad, USDownloader, or (E)lephant. You simply enter all the download links into the program and it will download each file one by one, changing your IP address after each download automatically. They will even decode the CAPTCHA for you. Radipshare has recently changed their CAPTCHA system so I'm sure none of the above programs can decode the Current Rapidshare CAPTCHA as of yet but give it time, the programs will be updated to combat it.

3. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Jdownloader works very well with Rapidshare captchas and can be set to change IP addresses if you have dynamic IP adressing. Unfortunitely for me, although I have dynamic IP my ISP does not assign a new IP with each new connection.

4. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Plus a lot of Torrent trackers are under heavy fire at the moment.

5. fLufee

fLufee MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2009
    Been using FreeRapid Downloader & workin very well, is Jdownloader better?

6. constante

constante MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2009
    Jdownloader

For me jdownloader is the best downloader.

7. tippmannman7

tippmannman7 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    Rapidshare, 4shared, any media site teamed with google is something I like. Viruses are much less too.

8. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    number 4 is only true when dealing with private trackers.
    Speeds of upto 2MB/sec can be achieved when using public trackers ;)

but I agree 100% : rapidshare is way better (if you have a premium account)
    I buy an account for a few months on a regular basis. Except for newsgroups, it's the best there is...

9. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    I think the reason people use rapidshare is because of tracking issues on torrents. A lot harder for RIAA to get you on rapidshare ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I agree with Regina..

But if we want to keep using RS, why dont we just use other names instead of "en_windows_7_.......iso" etc ??

Then we might get to keep the links a little longer, and perhaps much longer if theyre password protected?.

11. gelelim

gelelim MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2010
    rapidshare is the best if you have premium account.torrent requires seeds.