Why use Windows 11 over other Windows versions on unsupported hardware?

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by TigTex, Sep 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. crypticus

crypticus MDL Senior Member

Jun 29, 2015
  2. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    They probably have supported high-end hardware and can use W11 as-is, instead of trying to bypass TPM, CPU, and SB requirements (this thread is about unsupported hardware mostly).

I'll take your word about enterprise software, but I can't imagine why people relying on such apps would be using an OS that isn't release yet for software I'd imagine to be mission-critical. Wasn't there an actual data corruption bug a few W11 builds back? I'd also have to imagine those users weren't using Ryzen CPUs since they were silently botched with performance up until the last 1-2 dev builds.

3. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Under the hood is Windows Vista with patches and old code that hasn't been changed in 15 years

big s*h*i*t this 11

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Yup, regurgitated nonsense that gets worse day by day. A Frankenstein OS, bits 'n' pieces chopped in, but still the same old turd underneath. Long gone are the days of 'Windows', as this crap is just a festering dung heap. You can put lipstick on a whore, but at the end of the day, it is what it is ;)

6. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Everyone has long noticed that security updates come out with patches three years old!
    These are not new security patches.
    Windows is still a leaky trough.

Have you noticed that the firewall is not advertised like antiviruses are, as if the firewall is unnecessary anymore.
    And it was quite predictable because why would you put a third party firewall that would limit the traffic leaking your information to Microsoft servers.
    Do you have something to hide from Microsoft?
    Microsoft needs to know when and what you were doing.
    A person is just a commodity that they sell to other companies!

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :rofl:

9. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    For me, the only thing that "makes w11 worthwhile" in 2021 is perhaps the extra security. For now, I don't see any performance benefit on installing win11 on unsupported hardware and there's no feature that I feel that I'm missing out vs using win10.
    Note: this was supposed to be about unsupported hardware. In my opinion, if your computer supports windows 11, you should install windows 11 once it hits RTM

10. pc71520

pc71520 MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2013
    :worthy: :clap3::roflmao:

11. bjf2000

bjf2000 MDL Expert

Apr 11, 2008
    In my case, it's because MS tricked us with a game of musical chairs that we weren't aware we were even playing: with no warning, those on the Dev channel as of late May were more or less marooned. Either stay there until the build expires on Halloween and then do a clean install of Win10, do a clean install of Win10 earlier than that, or go to Win11 (as it turned out, in mid-June).

I'm not aware of any way, for example, to get off that May Win10 Dev build to a (current) Win10 without wiping the system since its build number (21390) is higher.