Why we choose our usernames / avatars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by timesurfer, Oct 29, 2010.

1. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    hi,
    my user name is from way back when work was still fun,
    and has its roots in the company i used to work for.
    i used it for years.......
    i don`t care for avatars, i`m just mean old me, 4 better or worse,
    till you know what.....
    i like this thread. it brings out the real people, i think.
    i liked t0ad`s story, ain`t that the way all cookies crumble?
    nodnar.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tellurian

Tellurian MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2011
    'Tellurian' simply means "Inhabitant of planet Earth" and implies an open, questioning mind. A work-in-progress, ever-changing, and akin to all humanity.

3. ebam_uk

ebam_uk MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2011
    Just liked my username been using it since i was 10 years old ish.

4. TheSkaffer

TheSkaffer MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2010
    Been around PC's since mid 90's and had collected so much garbage some time ago I considered the nick Collector or variations of it. Thought of wardrobe or the french word for it "garderobe", but did not sound very appealing. Then I stumbled over a nordic acquaintance who upon my request informed me that there was this Swedish word "skafferi" and the verb would be to "skaffa" (to "get" or "collect") which I promptly adapted to English. TheSkaffer.

My avatar is the Templar banner. Fight for justice, protect the innocent, you know the drill by now. And I had an interest for those guys long before a certain Norwegian was even born.

5. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    There was a time (early-eighties through '90) when I was a part of an org that was tasked to protect the offspring of a certain royal family. We guarded the blood. Hence; bludgard.

I stole my avatar from somewhere I cannot remember, but it expresses my emotions of being caged-up in an increasingly frustrating world.
    Edit: And I resemble the avatar closely.;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. spork

spork MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2012
    I was eating spicy fried chicken and red beans and rice with this spoon/fork thing called a "spork" and then it occurred to me.... ;)

7. rockinmom

rockinmom MDL Junior Member

Dec 7, 2011
    #107 rockinmom, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Chose my username because I'm a mom... and I rock! It happens to be my business name as well. My avatar... well it's me. And I'm me. I couldn't think of anything more clever :p

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. 721

721 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2012
    Wanted something different, contains a few of my favorite numbers and it has a nice ring to it.

9. Mazrim Taim

Mazrim Taim MDL Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Why the name Mazrim Taim? Because I'm a really big fan of The Wheel of Time, and Taim is one of my favorite characters.

10. TheSkaffer

May 16, 2010
    Loads of good names in fantasy books. Nice choice.

11. VGMC

VGMC MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2012
    virgin-galactic-mission-control

12. Coffeeman

Coffeeman MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Coffeeman-> I realy like and drink a lot of coffee. I like good home brew coffee. Avatar->well I am a military firefighter.

13. SmirgeliS

SmirgeliS MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2010
    SmirgeliS or ŠmirgeliS because one day in Russian language class teacher said to me: Read the sentence you šmirgeli...
    And real ŠmirgeliS is this thing:
    [​IMG]

14. JOREL

JOREL MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2012
    mmmmmm i don't know

15. Coffeeman

Coffeeman MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Dude, you're standing on your hands:) you gotta have a reason:).:p

16. TheSkaffer

May 16, 2010
    Just what the doctor ordered for my battle ax...ehmm...kitchen knifes.

17. Ophysette

Ophysette MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2012
    Ophysette is the name of an old D & D character. I created my characters names, and using them as ID's I have never had to add and remember numbers.

18. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    My nickname is actually SCBright, but when I registered in MDL, my fingers slipped on the keyboard and became SCBrigth.

SC are the initials of my real name and "bright" is because I like to make a difference and shine in everything I do. My avatar was created by myself based on a supernova explosion.

19. lysy.lbn

lysy.lbn MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    #119 lysy.lbn, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Nickname.. lysy (means bald in English.) becouse friends call me that (long story why) and lbn from city where i live name (Lublin, PL). First time i used it was when I created my gmail account (many simplier and cooler was occupied and any better idea didn't came to my mind so..)

Avatar.. I recently made a "blank avatar" inspired by that one in WCP, but it was so "standard" and I thought to do something unique or funny from it, didn't have any idea for unique so here it is
    [​IMG]
    Is funny, isn't it?

20. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    When I was a lad me mam brought home a load of DC comics from her mate at work and my love of Art and words and Superman started,thanks mam !