WHy won't my GENUINE Windows 7 activate?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pollyog49, Oct 5, 2011.

1. pollyog49

pollyog49 MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2011
    I have a GENUINE version of Windows 7 Ultimate and my PC System confirms that it's genuine. However, when I tried to Activate on line the ID code was blocked by Microsoft. I tried activating by phone and they still insist that it is blocked unless I buy a new product code, which is disgusting as I've not used this disc before so it's not a case of trying to put it onto too many computers! I have 27 days left to activate or WHAT HAPPENS? Can anyone tell me:

1) Can I make it activate without paying Microsoft for either a new product code or paying them £46 for on line help for a day - you can't contact customer support without paying!!!

2) IF I don't activate within the remaining 27 days, what happens? Will Windows 7 stop working?

2. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I'm pretty sure it'll still work, but it will force-shut down every 2 hours or at least keep nagging you.
    Are you SURE the disc you bought is genuine? Where did you get it from?

If all else fails, since this is MDL...ahem...there might be other ways to solve your dilemma...

3. thatguychuck

thatguychuck MDL Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Curious, where did you purchase the software? I've heard of these things before with some less than credible vendors.

4. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
  5. marty3

marty3 MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2011
    #5 marty3, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    ive been scammed the very same way, well not me personally, my dad bought me it for a present from ebay for £87 (retail is like £160+), disregarding all my years of previous advice to not buy anything from fleabay even having losing money from dodgy iphones in the past from ebay, he still cant stop buying s**t. thing is, the disks have everything it should as means of holograms and such, really good fakes, but i thought it was a little to cheap and today i found out why.. micro$oft confirmed that my key has in fact been blocked due to huge numbers of usage on other machines all over the world.. he also took some details and got me to fax him the card where the product key is printed and said they could give me a new valid key for helping with there enquires.

the ebay seller is still selling them now. s/he must have loads all with the same key.

anyway, i used this loader and it activated perfectly without any problems atall.. which leads me to a couple questions..

is this a permanant fix? meaning will or can msoft de activate me anytime in the near future?
    if yes to above question, how long aprox does it normally stay activated for?

thankyou..