Will Microsoft allow upgrade to Win8 from cracked Win7?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by xc, Oct 30, 2012.

1. todo

todo MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2010
    #21 todo, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    uhmm, i don't have existing legal Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7 BUT Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows 8 Release Preview it's free and include. Then, my upgrade for 40Dsl (30€) it's completely legal:eek:

2. Majestic

Majestic MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Unfortunately, not quite:mad:

As you already know there are many ways to buy a legit key and install Windows 8.
    Using a Windows 8 Release Preview allows you to buy an Upgrade, but at the end of the day, the EULA which you agree during installation and a copy of which is lodged somewhere in your Windows Directory requires you to have a COA of a previous WXP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Now you know why many people refer Microsoft as M$:D

3. todo

todo MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2010
    #23 todo, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    :kick::weeping::( . very bad news. For install Windows 8 CP and Windows 8 RP legal it's necesary Windows Xp, Vista o 7 legal: COA :kick::weeping::(

4. edvin

edvin MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2013
    Actually its not for business use, but for private use, Poland (not so strict). Also, i'm considering buying some used older windows, just not sure if when I buy used OEM it's legal (as buying OEM without PC is against their OEM policy...)
    Anyhow, i understand I will get WORKING and ACTIVATED win 8 for this lower price with a catch, that in case I will need to prove it's originality, i'd have to show COA of older windows (like win xp or sth)?

5. edvin

edvin MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2013
    Hahz, thanks guys, working windows 8 for lots less.

6. edvin

edvin MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2013
    BTW, upgraded win 8 from OEM windows becomes BOX or stays OEM?

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Upgrade license is basically retail; so it becomes retail licensed.

8. edvin

edvin MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2013
    What do you mean by retail license?
    "Retail license: Does not require you to own any previous version of Windows. Transferable to another PC, as long as the previous installation is decommissioned. Carried in stores. "
    So, it's upgrade? If i want to give it to sb or sell, he has to own older version of windows as well? (given I uninstall it first).

9. Majestic

Majestic MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2008
    It is a modified retail license as far as Windows 8 is concerned.
    As it is is an upgrade version, a previous version is required.

You are allowed to transfer to another computer owns by you or sell it to another person as in a Retail version.