Will Win 10 be the new win 98 of our time?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by steve0544, Feb 14, 2015.

1. jhanford

jhanford MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2013
    I Cannot Disagree More With The Comments you Made Thair. M$ (Real Name MicroDollarSignIsSoCool) Do not Have a political, Issue with Any of Thair Prodcuts. All Thair cuts have No Issue - Prod or Otherwise. There may Have been A Lot Of Sex Though.

2. Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice MDL Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I actually can't imagine how someone can say Windows 98 was very good. :p It wasn't buggy but it could be very clunky at times. As soon as W2K released I switched to it and it was night and day, heh.
    That said, I think Windows 10 will be the new... nothing. It may be something amazing in itself!

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    god bless you :D

4. PGHammer

PGHammer MDL Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    That is only if you don't have to search for anything on it (the small area of the screen) - otherwise, it can take up at LEAST as much room as the Windows 8 StartScreen (full-screen) or even worse, if it's in the fifth-section-down of a nested submenu). Nested submenus are a pain in the rear to organize - I'm not alone in saying that; a lot of the defenders OF the Start menu have said the same thing! Yet you sit right there and DEFEND it because the idea of a self-organizing system (whether StartScreen or mini-Start) takes away excuses.

I have news for you - I don't plod worth a darn (if anything, I tend to be the epitomy of the Olde Proverb "Idle Hands are the Devil's Workshop." - having to plod gets me into hot water) and makework/scutwork is even worse - and organizing the Start menu is both.

The StartScreen organizes itself along alphanumeric lines - mini-Start (which is based on it) does the same. That means that they organize themselves. Therefore, I can concentrate on work - not plodding or makework/scutwork - no excuses, either.

5. shihan01

shihan01 MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2015
    That is for sure ! ME and Vista were a joke.

6. Ronshere

Ronshere MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2011
    Windows 98 Second Edition was awesome and it took XP to make me move from 98SE. But hey, I still remember the thrill of of windows 1. What a thrill to see the graphical desktop instead of DOS.
    But I still have my dos 3 and dos 6 disks somewheres just in case
    FAT 16 forever :)

7. CamelY0

CamelY0 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2015
    they're all the same in the end..:death: