Will you continue to use Win8 or wait for Win9 (2015) ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by YessMann, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. hanni.mannimeter

hanni.mannimeter MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    I have not once had Hardware problems with Win8 that wouldnt have been there with any other Windows.

2. ALGIRO82

ALGIRO82 MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2014
    I've used 7 and 8 and 8.1 and i will use windows 9 :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moderator

moderator MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    windows

am loving windows 8 pro & i see no reason to upgrade to windows 8.1 o_O waiting for windows 9 :tea:

no way ever :eek:

4. wandal

wandal MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2014
    I had some serious issues while upgradingy my not that old laptop from 8 to 8.1 (FU Ralink/MediaTek, and also Microsoft for non providing an offline ISO, and requiring an upgrade via the Store, with permamne tinternet connection...), so I'm going to use 8.1 which I like. Still does have some faults of 8 (fullscreen apps, what a joke... Still - start screen is quite fun, and I don't get all that crying after the start menu, when there is stil the desktop, as program list, or searching after typing first letters of the program name...), but it's OK. There is just a need to change some habits, and maybe use more key shortcuts (like i.e. Windows+x etc.).

5. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    well sony service and support is just a big joke
    no wonder they sold their pc branch

6. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    #46 sevenacids, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    I'm using Windows 8.1 right now and surely look forward to Windows 9 whether it really brings more improvements for mouse/keyboard users as most of the time I use a PC it's productivity-wise, and touch is just not suitable for that. Although I'd like to see a more radical approach. Right now, they start to mess up the immersive shell with putting old stuff like context-menus on the new stuff to improve the non-touch experience. While these changes are indeed welcome, I'm not sure if it's going into the right direction as a whole. Rather than doing that, they should really consider to separate the consumer-oriented touch UI and apps from the productivity-oriented desktop UI and applications so that there are two versions of Windows that are specialized instead of being "one-OS-fits-all":

1) A mobile Windows version that works pretty much like Windows RT, but also for x86/x64 devices, targeting phones and tablets, with only the immersive shell and apps available, and no desktop anymore.

2) A professional/enterprise version that works pretty much like Windows 7, without the immersive shell and apps but a new application model for desktop applications that is based on the Windows Runtime to replace Win32/WPF, but more flexible and less restrictive than the Store equivalent and allows for non-Store deployment. Developers would also use this version to write apps for the mobile version and test them in an emulator, pretty much like it works for Windows Phone.

Of course, it won't happen. But to me, it's only logical to draw a line between consumer PCs and PCs for professionals and enterprise needs.

7. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    good !
    desktop is for working/productivity
    tablet is for infotainment/toys
    EVEN THO u have touch screen, U can not use Win8.1-metroUI to RUN CAD/CAM for work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Move

Move MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2014
    Only OS we skipped is Vista.

9. geobot

geobot Guest

Yes, I will continue to use 8.1 Update 1..
    I used every Windows OSes and I never skipped..

10. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #50 YessMann, Feb 12, 2014
    (OP)
  11. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    BUT...NOWADAYS HP launched new model computer using Win7 rather than Win8.1ud1

12. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
  13. Terepin

Terepin MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2012
    LOL. Shortsighted people never stops to make me laugh. Windows 7 is renamed Windows Vista. And Windows 9 will be renamed Windows 8. Simple as that.

14. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    #54 solarstone2149, Feb 12, 2014
    I'll wait Windows 10 or 11
    whichever becomes normal again

your pic has flaws, as you are referring to Home OS

1. you missed Win ME
    2. 2000 was never home OS just like any previous NT, it was for business, and it was great & stable
    writing it was BAD is plain stupidity from your side

15. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Windows 2000 BAD?!. HAHA. Was probably and still IS the best of m$.

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Cute to see that some people still do believe, there will come something like Win 7 again...:cool2:.

MS showed their new sight on Operating Systems and i don´t think they will change that in near future.

Still don't understand the problem with Win 8/8.1. Fast and stable, and they finally managed it to use the graphics card consequently in desktop environment. So it's reacting very fluidly even with several VMs and WMC (TV) opend :good3:.

17. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I know I loved windows 2000 on my compaq computer back then. it ran better then windows 98.

directx games played better on it then windows 98 after compatibility update was installed.

18. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Remember myself installing Win XP Vanilla and uninstalling it 3 hours later, as it was unuseable, the Service Packs changed that and extended the support timespan, as XP-SP1 was nearly a new system, compared with the Vanilla :cool2:.

People who simply deify XP forgot that or never used the Vanilla Release :D.

19. moderator

moderator MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    vista

correction :shisha: Only OS yoU skipped is Vista :tea:

20. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Well what do you know, turns out OSes are like people, some good, some bad, some so so...:D

I like to think of myself as Windows 3.1...but have used everyone since...:cool: