Will you continue to use Win8 or wait for Win9 (2015) ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by YessMann, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    They'll follow the money. If a particular idea doesn't make them enough, they'll change tactics.
    The modern-ui thing is a bit of a gamble for them. Most of the business users will not purchase it because nobody can spend all day touching their screen.
    It's not ergonomic. As lackluster as a keyboard and mouse are, they are still MUCH more efficient at conveying information than touching a screen.
    If there's one thing companies in the U.S. understand, it's productivity. Sadly, there's absolutely no productivity gain from Windows 8's metro.
    So yah, they'll learn their lesson from this and make it a smaller feature in future releases.

I doubt they'll abandon the practice, but they likely won't try to make it such a large selling point.
    That being said, they're still going to push for the cross-platform synchronization stuff.
    I have a strong feeling that they're really going to try to push modern ui Office stuff cross-platform even more.
    IMO it's literally the only productivity gain they could salvage from this fiasco.
    Being able to go change spreadsheets from your phone is a big advantage, and I'm sure they'll try to make it work.

For the rest of us, who don't use smartphones for business very much... well, I don't predict much improvement in future versions of Windows.
    We'll likely get better hardware support and not much else. If you think about it, what else is there? We're not exactly asking for new features.
    Most people are just demanding more focus on older features that never went away to begin with.

2. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I guess that is why they are prolonging (abandoning) winblows 8 and making Threshold already :sniper:
    ouch

then how come 8.1 + update1 comparing to 8.0 "somehow" returns features of previous OS ?
    oh thats right most Business and normal people hated s**t they made of with their "new sight" :laie:

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Yeah, they drove back a bit regarding that Modern UI Crap, which is indeed ridiculous on Desktop Environments (some seem to like it though).

Nerver used it myself, i'm a StartIsBack User from the very beginning (ex7forWin8 :D).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    #64 solarstone2149, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    maybe not huge but it would made winblows 8 tolerable
    so instead now wasting time which they did with 8.1 and 8.1.1
    they could have polished that alternate 8 and maybe get more positive feedback

they did the opposite and shoot themself in a foot by pissing off large amount of people

this way it looks like winblows 8 was just fast attempt in a hurry to be released so they can grab
    certain percentage of market share on tablets while they can
    and LATER fix the problems...
    thats a bad way to do business :thumbdown:

smells like WinME all over again, some half breed hybrid that was later merged with 2000 to form good XP
    maybe this Threshold crap will be better

5. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Because I don't know any better, I like to keep current. Lots of frustration going from XP to Vista and from 7 to 8, but once I comply with God's (M$) will, all is good.

6. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Since the OP raised the issue, I've thought about it and have decided that I will wait until the next version of Windows is released. That means I must stop using my computer with any version of Windows until that happens.

7. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #67 YessMann, Feb 13, 2014
    (OP)

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    On the topic, since win 7, I have used the latest MS OS from 2-3 months of GA. Win 7 (Jan 2010), win 8 (Dec 2012), and win 8.1 (Dec 2013). I find each to be better than the last.
    So I will use win 9.
    There is a difference though: I have technet keys for all OS from XP. But technet has been retired and MSDN is expensive. So I will use win 9 in a non-legal/genuine manner or buy it if it is not too costly (say US$100-150).

9. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #69 YessMann, Feb 13, 2014
    (OP)
    90% agree with u, murphy 78:biggrin:
    There is an ad in our city:
    the world-wide famous athletic anti-pain ointment/cream uses the term "COMPUTER SHOULDER" :-
    the pain comes from using touch-screen for desktop
    hence, i will use the metroUI on tablet computer ONLY
    but tablet is only infotainment toys rather than productivity machine!
    otherwise, I should buy the anti-pain ointment & place it near the monitor.:eek:

:D

10. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Can you tone down the font size considerably please.

11. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
  12. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
  13. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
  14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    well, my Russian language knowledge is poor enough that I only posted the original words in another thread ... anyway thanks for your translation :D

15. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    mine is quite poor too, but had enough knowledge of it to get a kind soul in Russia to send me over the last few ISO's from Win7 "E". I'm lovin RU a little more every day haha

16. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #77 YessMann, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    (OP)
  17. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    If thumbnail cache won't delete automatically in win8.1.1, for me this windows will be good.

18. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #79 YessMann, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    (OP)
    maybe win9 can fix this problem...or this situation should use the more powerful PC to handle with it (i.e. M$ knows it can not solve this problem now).
    I think win9 has only 64-bit version :
    the strategy to phrase out 32-bit machine and 32bit-WinXP...then M$ can earns more...
    and win10 will introduce a new 128-bit OS (rumor says that M$ co-ops with CPU company(s) to design next generation CPU) that can deal with all the situations/functions from win 7 to win9
    but it will be the BAD OS again which is cloud-OS that we can not use it without internet connection.
    Actually, i can not accept the concept of cloud-OS or cloud-S/W that they are nullo or handicap s/w in the client terminal...Hence, I use (KMS)M$office and Libra-Office rather than Google-Office or M$Office360. I use UbuntuLinux rather than Google-chromeOS. I need (free-activated)Adobe-CS6 rather than the cloud one.

19. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    i plan to use both, soon as preview is up and running i be testing that too :) i use betas to decide if i should buy or not..love testing betas.