Will you use Windows 8 RTM as your main OS?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Q9650, Aug 14, 2012.

?

How do you use or plan to use Windows 8 RTM?

1. Primary OS

59.3%
  2. Dual-boot

17.2%
  3. Virtual Machine

16.7%
  4. Other

14.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Luisile

Luisile MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2010
    Same as YEN:

No. I won't use w8 at all, w7 is far superior. To buy w8 is a waste of money and w8 is for me bigger sh*t as vista.

2. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    yes i would use

3. madamimadam

madamimadam MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Without a doubt primary OS on my Sammy slate. Its like it was designed with this machine in mind or something:D

4. Q9650

Q9650 MDL Member

Mar 20, 2010
    thank you for your votes :smoking:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gendouhydeist

gendouhydeist MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    I think most of the users here will use windows 7 explorer for windows 8
    mydigitallife.net/threads/35189-Windows-7-explorer-for-Windows-8

that should be included in the poll

6. abhishek.cool26

abhishek.cool26 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2011
    i will use windows 8 as my primary os in near future ...bcoz currently many software's aren't fully compatible with windows 8 ..so i will wait for new versions to come up...

7. M4trix

M4trix MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2009
    145 people are mislead by M$ trolling. O Lord Jebus, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing! :innocent:

8. farbus

farbus MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    sorry, but im not gonna use this tablet crap port as my primary os :mad:

9. andawra

andawra MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2012
    ITT: people not knowing s**t, judging about it

use windows 8 first, then tell everyone how you feel about it

or do neither. but don't go and tell people how s**tty windows 8 is based on screenshots or videos you have seen.

10. aohus

aohus MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    loving windows 8, but with one caveat, download Classic Shell.

This is pretty much a faster Windows 7 + enhanced UI. (disregard Modern/Metro UI)

11. mstoll

mstoll MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    yes, I will, and aleady using it (RTM)
    was a but desoriented without the start menu, but I find the new Metro & Search much more convenient (I agree it took me a bit to get used to it, but it's worth the effort ;))

12. Luisile

Luisile MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2010
    Yes i have instaled it used it for 1 week an NO i wil not use it. And YES windows 8 is and will be for Me the biggest SH*T after vista. and i think vista is not so bad is better tha w8.

13. xaudiox

xaudiox MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Ive give it a few weeks and still hate it, wont even use it as my second OS.
    Looks too much like my mobile phone to use as a desktop OS, hardly notice any speed improvements as i have a SSD.
    As for using classic shell, it does help, but why use it when we have Win 7.

Just my humble opinion.

14. tay777

tay777 MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2012
    #95 tay777, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    I am using it as my main OS right now. I have a duel monitor setup and Windows 8 feels so much faster then Windows 7 with it.

1) Windows 8 automatically gives my 2nd screen another taskbar. It takes forever for my display fusion to load up to give me the same function in 7
    2) The search function feels faster in 8. Also love the new search function in Metro
    3) It took me a while to get use to the new interface, but I am enjoying it
    4) I never use the start button. To get to my files I use the folder icon on the taskbar. I use the control panel shortcut in the start screen metro. To use run I use ctrl+X or ctrl+R.
    5) Loving how you have a lot of options in the ribbon nice and organized, but can hide it for a simple and clean look in explorer
    6) I loved Aero in 7, but when themed correctly Windows 8 looks just as good with the sem-trans. instead of full trans.

and a lot more reasons. Don't get me wrong I love 7, but I am enjoying 8 more with my setup:

AMD Phenom II X4 850 Processer (3.5 ghz)
    6 gig RAM
    GTX 460 1gig of RAM
    19" Monitor
    32" HDTV with Soundbar (2nd monitor/tv)
    x2 500 gig Hard drives

15. bruce356

bruce356 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2012
    Using Win8x64 Ent. for testing (its activated). Would only use as main OS once it can be permanently activated (no 6 month re-activate or problems with hardware changes, waiting for a DAZ solution) and the other priviso, only usefull to me with Classic Shell or Windows 7 shell on Windows 8. I am no fan of what was called Metro, especially not on my desktop.
    Thanks Guys for the opportunity to air my views.

16. Q9650

Q9650 MDL Member

Mar 20, 2010
    nice to see that win 8 is being used as a primary OS

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    I will more than likely use Win8 as my primary OS. Mainly due to the fact that Win8 is here weather I like it or not and even though the lack of Start Menu as we know it today has changed I think that over time most people will get used to it. But thats just me. :)

~MrChris

18. Q9650

Q9650 MDL Member

Mar 20, 2010
    you said it all chris...i agree 100% start menu era is now gone...and we have to adjust with the new experience windows 8 brought to us. I am already getting used to it! we have been using the start menu since windows 95 so it`s obvious to complain on the lack of start menu but i am confident that users will adapt to it as time passes

19. cyba

cyba MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2007
    #100 cyba, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    Yes. I've used the trial for long enough (a) to get used to it and (b) to recognize that it's quicker, easier to use, and probably more robust than WN7. The improved security features - enhanced Windows Defender, SmartScreen, boot system, and password protection and core Windows components, e.g. Windows kernel, ASLR, and heap - could mean that for the first time (WN95-WN7) I can use the inbuilt antivirus, not Eset NOD32. Defrag (Disk Optimizer) improvements (I like auto trim for SSDs) might mean that I can dump Diskeeper, too. Pity, though, that M$ will use ReFS only on the Server version of WN8. There was talk, originally, that it would be implemented across the board. Maybe in Windows 9 when M$ plans to move to a single Windows Base (unified operating system)...