Win 10 - Updated Opinions/Views

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Bakersfield, Dec 17, 2015.

1. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. joeyjoey

joeyjoey MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2016
    My initial impression coming from Win8.1 is that I like it very much. I will now have to research how to make sure I turn off all the privacy invasions

3. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    go up two posts^ :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. joeyjoey

joeyjoey MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2016
    thanks, i've already changed the error reporting to 'basic' and opted out of all the stuff during custom install. i just read so many bad things that i want to do further research

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Yea, that WFC is not for the weak at heart:worthy:

6. GoFigure

GoFigure MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2013
    It is impossible to opt out of all the privacy invasions since there are many more than what they have settings for. There are many lists floating around that supposedly list all the IPs and websites it connects from but we found out that it doesn't connect with all of them immediately, some are once a day, once a week, or once a month. And if you block some of them the software is smart and goes to an alternate IP/web to provide its information. Additionally, the information is cached somewhere because if you disable the internet it will keep the data and then release it all at once when it is connected. People who think they can block Microsoft are hallucinating.

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #47 lobo11, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    I like it fine, but it stays on the phone to much, lol:eek:

But I just saw the Head of NSA on Bill M. show on HBO and he said, you have a choice, them doing what they are, on phones and computers and other things, or let the terrorists in to do want they want, they are looking for code words terrorists would use not passwords or bank stuff, I maybe with dhjohns on this.:confused:

8. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  9. Bakersfield

Bakersfield MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Eventually - is the key word here.

It's just unreal - that on our hardware, on our equipment - we are being cajoled and bullied into what an external company wants.

10. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    How are you being "cajoled and bullied"...? Who at Microsoft is threatening you and attempting to force you to do something you don't want to do? BTW, being asked to do something voluntarily is not being "bullied"--if it was then every TV commercial you see would be "cajoling/bullying" you. But they are just asking and suggesting--not bullying or cajoling. Most people early on learn to say "No," to products and services they don't want. It's a Caveat Emptor world.

Speaking of cajoling and bullying, what does the IRS do if you decide you'd rather not pay the taxes they say you owe? When government can seize your property and deprive you of your freedom for not doing what they demand you do--now that's "cajoling and bullying," to put it mildly...;) No "external company" compares.

11. JeanYuhs

JeanYuhs MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I checked out the 14316 Insider build yesterday, took less time to realize it's still utter garbage than it did to install it so, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. ;)

I've personally just moved on to using OSX on my Dell Latitude - it's faster than the equivalent MacBook Pro with similar hardware specs, it gets the job done, and running my old Windows 7 installation converted directly to a VM in Fusion means I didn't lose anything or skip a beat in the process so I'm good to go.

But Windows 10, yikes, it'll never be my go-to OS, ever.

12. jeff69dini

jeff69dini MDL Expert

Nov 22, 2008
    yup, \I just went back to 8.1.1, much better ram usage for 1 thing

13. unsounds

unsounds MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2016
    The only reason I'm even considering windows 10 is that the Surface pro 4 drivers don't work with w7/w8 or even linux

14. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep same here, same using now LTSB (working fine) I personaly believe that 8.1 is more faster (after removing all craps via Powershell) :cool:

15. JeanYuhs

JeanYuhs MDL Member

Feb 16, 2010
    As soon as you define what "better OS" means, then I'll throw it back in your face to say that's what you consider what makes it a better OS but not what I (and many many other people) would consider to be the same. For me personally there is absolutely nothing that Windows 10 offers me that makes it "better" than Windows 7, nothing at all, not even the fact that I can get it completely free of any financial cost whatsoever.

I mean, if it being free of monetary cost was the deciding factor, Linux in all its variations has always been free of actual monetary cost (it requires costs in other respects, of course, personal time, acquisition, learning, etc) but that hasn't helped make it "better" than Windows, but again that's a personal opinion as some folks see Linux as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

One could say the same thing about OSX as well, it fits into their particular way(s) of doing things "better" than Windows or Linux, and so on.

It's all personal opinion on what works best for each of us as individuals - in that respect Windows 10 is not a better OS for me because Windows 7 does everything I require without forcing me to adapt just because Microsoft decides that change for the sake of change is a good thing - it's not, and it never will be.

16. Bakersfield

Bakersfield MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2012
    The revenue lost by giving win 10 away for free - must be offset somehow.

The costs to the business are still there - and likely growing.

In return for this 'gift' - there must be something they are taking for it.

And there will be little oversight by the public - over how they use telemetry data.

17. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #60 LiteOS, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Hey, fmo from win7 it doesn't worth upgrading, mb for a bit
    its not like the change from win95 to winxp
    its better then win8.1 from tablet pov

So its OK to upgrade [not bad enuf to ban it, and not good enuf to recommended it] but there few issues:
    like updates, drivers, telemetry which can be solved if u got the time

Im using server tp5 14291 with disabling telemetry to improve performance also
    adminuser method to avoid malware, so i don't need updates so much
    didn't have problem with drivers tho

LTSB edition is too "old" - 10240 build number but RS1 LTSB might be soon
    wait for it its should be better, more finished product