Win 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by hongta, Mar 12, 2017.

1. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    You can look it up on google. It is verifiable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    if it is in google, it must be true... one of the most reputable firms in the world...:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    It is, and google links to reputable sites. But excuse me. If you guys want to live in your paranoid, delusional worlds where everyone, and everything is spying on you be my guest. You can take your operating systems, and strip everything out until they barely run, and even drivers do not install properly. I choose to live in the real world with real verifiable facts. I do not subscribe to any conspiracy theories. I do not subscribe to paranoia. I use my OS set with recommended settings, and never have an issue in the world. It runs very quickly, very well, and does what I need it to do. I belong to many forums, and read many posts from people who have nothing but trouble because they feed in to paranoia, and hogwash.

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    It's actually you living in the delusional world where software companies are perfect and not after any of your info, MS drivers are perfect and Google only links to reputable sites....

Anyone with half a brain knows otherwise

5. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I am not going to argue with you. I know what is true. You think you know what is true. But it is not. So sad.o_O

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    You're in for a shock

7. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #1. Using defuse cliches and naming all, who dare to oppose your opinion, paranoids who believe in conspiracy theories, is quite poor.

#2. I'm talking about Telemetry and data collection which is a fact and neither wished nor needed for me to improve my Windows experience.

#3. Since there's no real discussion to notice here, i'd like to close with this.

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I fail to see what that has to do with providing you with relevant ads. And products offered by third parties. I am referring to the O.S. and not phones or tablets
    And I already stated that this was a very special condensed version. I did recommend that the Microsoft Privacy Policy be read in it's entirety and I left a link to the web page

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Posting something that has nothing to do with what windows actually collects from you isn't proof of anything.

To me it's just as bad as dhjohns drinking and typin' ;)

10. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #32 Joe C, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    I'll post the statement you have in question in it's entirety, mostly because your looking at something else and not Microsoft's privacy policy which is what I quoted in red does in fact apply to the Windows 10 operating system.
    How We Use Personal Data

Microsoft uses the data we collect to provide you the products we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalize your experiences. We also may use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, security updates and product information. And we use data to help show more relevant ads, whether in our own products like MSN and Bing, or in products offered by third parties. However, we do not use what you say in email, chat, video calls or voice mail, or your documents, photos or other personal files to target ads to you.

Microsoft uses the data we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the products we offer, (2) to send communications, including promotional communications, and (3) for some products, to show advertising.

In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalized experience. For example, Cortana can use the favorite sports teams you add to the MSN Sports app to provide information relevant to your interests, or Windows Store can use information about the apps and services you use to make personalized app recommendations. However, to enhance privacy, we have built in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations. For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email address or phone number.
    It's in the link I posted, just plain black & white. If you have difficulty believing me, then read the entire privacy policy for yourself

12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Ahh, that would explain the never-ending infatuation with the new useless start menu and mobile crApps then

13. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Well privacy is something that can't be had in 2017 if you connect to the internet at all so yes. ADVERTISING however can be be avoided and my god Windows as a service is filled with it. Just as I can't use the internet at all without ublock anymore I can't accept those stupid Candy Crush tiles.

I'd advise using Enterprise and diving deep into gpedit.

14. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Man, this dude/dudette is probably still running :eek: