Win 7 64 bit ram usage problem!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bala_digital, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Bloodykiller86

Bloodykiller86 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    try going into msconfig and disabling all the useless startup programs....no1 in the world needs that many programs when the computer starts...my comp only takes up about 800mb after it load into windows 7 64 bit

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    lol that's why I said "to start".

He needs to start with services, then startup, unnessecary installations,...and work his way through from there...

4. bambara

bambara MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Your ram usage seems pretty normal from a fresh boot. The question is, what activities do you carry after your computer boots? What I'm trying to say is, would you have 90%+ ram usage after 2-3 hours even if your PC was idle during that time?

I noticed that you have RivaTuner. Did you rule out that this instability could be the cause of a bad overclock? I do agree with others that 88 processes are a lot for Windows7, but I don't see how that can cause this.

5. bala_digital

bala_digital MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    No flash movie in firefox. I have only 2 or 3 tabs with no video in it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bala_digital

Jul 31, 2009
    i have ovrclocked my cpu from 2.53 to 3.4 which very stable in all my stabilit tests,its running in 3.4 ghz for more than a year, and for my gpu part its not overclocked. im using rivatuner to show osd in games...

My normal activities after booting ..

1. Watch TV.
    2. Browse.
    3. Play games(rarely).

But these normal activities didnt bothered me in past!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bala_digital

Jul 31, 2009
  8. bala_digital

Jul 31, 2009
  9. bala_digital

Jul 31, 2009
    Im using Win7 Manager to tweak the pc, and no addittional startup apps are there..

10. Animeniac

Animeniac MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    It might be an incompatibilty problem...maybe a program doesn't like being installed on a 64bit computer. I would try disabling all startup and non-essential services, reboot, and start running them one by one untill you find the culprit. It's definitly tedious but it might help.

Could it also be a device driver? In that respect, it might not show up on the task manager.

11. bala_digital

Jul 31, 2009
    hi thanks for all, atlast found the culprit avast 5 beta, the current beta version caused the problem. I uninstalled it and the problem solved...:):) Now using the previous beta and everything fine now!!!