Win 7 disc integrity

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Silas Charleaux, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Silas Charleaux

Silas Charleaux MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2017
    #1 Silas Charleaux, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You used NTLite and you want to test the integrity of the iso, that's a contradiction, when any tool is used you can't verify the iso anymore, because it's altered.

After install you could run sfc /scannow in an elevated cmd.

3. Silas Charleaux

Jun 14, 2017
    Look, I got what you said. English is not first language, so I apologize if I'm mistaken. If you are saying that .iso integrity and installation files integrity are the same I honestly understand.

What I'm fishing for here is a tool to check the integrity of the installation files/boot sector/resources after I messed with the .iso file. I mean, is there a tool to do that? Because I don't think there is and I searched.

I will run the command as you said after the installation. I'm just afraid to wipe my drives and proceed to installation and get stuck with a corrupted image that gets stuck at the middle or gives me a corrupted windows installation.

Thank you for your help, I would appreciate any inputs in the direction of a tool, if such exists lol. Thank you again.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    On 8.x and 10 there would be more options but non of them work on 7.

5. Silas Charleaux

Jun 14, 2017
    Damn, I would never upgrade! 7 is my bae. Also my laptop is old. It is old and i3, really cheap, but delivers greatly and comfy. The only rig I have to deploy it is my own, that is why I'm bothering you guys.

I would love to virtualize this installation before proceding or to use a tool. It amazes me that no one thought about, not to check if it is genuine, but if installation would work after tampering.