win 7 loader on dual boot OS

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by leavitnow, Jun 10, 2010.

1. leavitnow

leavitnow MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2010
    hello guys,

i just joined the forum today, sorry for my silly request !!

i used activation crack 1.8.2 by respected Daz and i got win 7 ulti 64bit genuine that i got from p-bay months ago, i had been using previous cracks from 1.6.x days and never had this problem that i am having now,

my asus notebook came with genuine win vista business 32bit version that was installed on c: drive.

i installed win 7 64bit ultimate version on d:

i used the 1.8.2 crack, got win 7 ms validation passed online, but got my genuine vista "not geniune" :(

can anyone help me getting back to Genuine state without using any crack on vista itself?

any help or advise is highly appreciated.

thanks

2. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    When you used the loader did you select ASUS or DELL? If I remember right that loader uses a different SLIC than what is on your system, try going into VISTA and looking in the System32 folder for OEM. Get one of the Certificates for what SLIC you used on Windows 7, then you can add that cert to the OEM folder or to your C drive. Then open a command prompt as an Administrator and use this code slmgr -ilc C:\NAME.xrm-ms (where name is the name of the certificate.) Hope this helps, Vista and Seven are easy to activate when they become stubborn, but that's what I can assume is the Loader added a different SLIC then what is in your BIOS and the Loader since it is dual boot over wrote the boot record on the drive.