win 7 x64 memory dump problem (w/ all windows driver)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by noct, Oct 8, 2009.

1. noct

noct MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2009
    #1 noct, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    I have a new Acer 5536 laptop i got for about a month. It comes with Win Vista 32bit. I just have Windows 7 64bit installed (clean install, not upgrade).

1) All hardwares are recognized by win7 x64 and all drivers installed automatically by windows.

2) After i've installed the new OS, the system crashes occasionally with the blue screen saying something memory dump and a count down.

3) There's no apparent software causing the issues since there were different softwares running at each occasion.

Should I just abandon 64 bit and install win7 32bit instead?

i've attached one of the minidump file.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    run memtest for some loops, see if ram gives errors

3. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Other idea, you could try installing your manufactures drivers. Some of the Windows drivers could be causing your problems. I always try to install direct form the manufacture if at all possible.

4. noct

noct MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2009
    #4 noct, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    (OP)
    anyone knows how to analyze minidump files?

Also, did the memtest and the ddr rams seem to be fine.

When crashed, the blue screen shown did mention video adaptor and memory test.

What about the bios I got from here? It's not official but modified by someone. Could that be the problem?

5. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Download your Video Card Driver from say like Nvidia or Ati. I had an issue at first with M$ version of my Nvidia GTS 250 so i downloaded direct from Nvidia, no problems since.

6. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    If you're running a Radeon card I know on my Dell I disabled DMI Errors on my BIOS. But the problem you have sounds like a driver issue. Basically the rundown on a fresh install of Windows is to load up Media Center (auto config it if you have MC), load up IE (express settings), load up Windows Media Player (express settings), download Adobe flash and Java from their respective sites. Install video card drivers (ati or nvidia). Install chipset drivers for motherboard. And if it's an intel board, probably want to install Intel Matrix Storage Manager. And I believe that is it for the main stuff. Other minor stuff being Sound driver, Network driver, Wireless adapater stuff etc.

Windows 7 does have Microsoft drivers for a lot of hardware now but like someone said in this thread it's best to install manufacturer drivers. Use Everest Ultimate Edition from download.com and Computer->Summary in the program to get the full details about what is in your system :)

Good luck!