Win 8.x • Win 7 • Vista - 'Multi-OEM' ISO Project

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by searchengine, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
  2. searchengine

searchengine Guest

If Download Link1 (with $oem$ folder only) ... yeah, deleting OOBE folder will achieve your result.

But, Link2 has additional "RUNONCE" folder containing exe with loader files, and those files have reg files in folders to apply manufacturer names to system properties .... deleting only OOBE folder from this download would still leave manufacturer names displayed, unless reg files removed from exe in the RUNONCE folder also.

3. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Thanks a lot for replying , yeah I was refering to "download link1 " , i won't need "download link2"

4. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    complicated!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. searchengine

searchengine Guest

lol :biggrin: .... yeah it's so difficult to drag a folder or 2 into an iso :D

6. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    This actually is a very nice solution for anyone with a slic 2.1 and wanting to get rid of the bloatware that OEM manufacturers like HP, DELL , LENOVO, TOSHIBA, ... etc. Usually load in their products. I've tried it several times , it work perfectly . Kudos to the creator.

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Any updates on this ? :)

And its either 2.1 slic OR loader ? it doesnt search for slic and if not present pick loader automatically ?

8. searchengine

searchengine Guest

Download links 1+2 on 1st page updated 22-03-10.

added more brands, updated serials, and edited script so setup does not ask for a serial number during install.

Download Link 1 ... for folks that have slic2.1 bios
    Download Link 2 ... for any, loader only applies if no slic 2.1 detected.

9. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Good job!!! That's what I want, appreciate!!!

Thanks

10. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Thanks really useful...
    +1...

11. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Thanks alot!:)

12. opsguy

opsguy MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2009
    Thanks so much for this Searchengine!!

I am putting together my new ISO and will install it shortly.

Thanks again.

13. searchengine

searchengine Guest

very welcome guys :)

14. opsguy

opsguy MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2009
    Well I am back to report that I successfully added the two folders in the proper location and saved the ISO and burned a disk.

Then I did a fresh install with it and the installation went fine. But it appears that the loader was not installed. When I checked for activation status it says "3 Days until Automatic Activation". Never seen that message before, I have no idea. So I ended up just manually running Loader 1.7.7 and afterwards it now says "Activated".

Any ideas why the install did not work regarding activation?

Thanks

15. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Well its not hard to place 2 folders in an isofile..

What software did you use to edit the iso and/or was it just burned without saving the iso first?
    What version did you install?

16. opsguy

opsguy MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2009
    To answer both tcntad and searchengine.....

Yes I used download link 2. Yes I placed the Runonce folder in root and the OEM folder in Sources as shown. I used PowerISO to add and save the ISO. Then since this PC does not have a DVD optical drive, I used the "Windows 7 USB DVD download tool" to create bootable USB stick from the saved iso. Then installed with that.

No I did not get the "text" file on the desktop. Where it said "3 days until automatic activation" I did see a Product ID but did not write down the number.
    Yes I rebooted the PC once after installation.

I will go back and reinstall once again and look for this info you gave and then I will repost and let you know what happens.

Thanks,

17. searchengine

searchengine Guest

#38 searchengine, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
    (OP)
  18. alex-v

alex-v MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2010
    Thanks really useful...

19. searchengine

searchengine Guest