Win xp with No SP Needed !

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Beowulf, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #21 Beowulf, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Sorry beowulf, I'm not opposing u but from what I know vlk key always rescanned by microsoft every time n if u haven't got those "wga validation popup" at the boot is just the matter of time. I have legit key for retail xp 32 n vista but now it seem useless cuz when u've slp 1.0 string in bios combined with slics 2.1 it's much more safer from get blacklist n saves some times rather than install some loader or activator n the 100000000% things MICROSOFT WILL NEVER BLACKLIST OEM-SLP KEY UNLESS THEY DONT WANT GET PROFIT FROM OEM MANUFACTURED n if u dont know ur mobo may allready have slp 1.0 but u didn't know it allready, it's true, check with OEMBIOS.exe, it's not so hard anyway!

Note : It's only my opinion n maybe some of MDL member will agree bout it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yeah i gave up on vlk a while back got fed up going back to friends machines everytime key got blacklisted, OEM SLP method is best.

4. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #24 Beowulf, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
    (OP)
    i believe and from a number of post and stickies from the users. i dig that.
    But i m not a big fan of Updates, i h' seen few people happy with VL some having xp with no SP/SP2 and who dont bother Updating.
    i m running Retail Media Center 2005 SP2 , i used WPA patch to activate this copy. I quite dont like Patches, but now i m giving some real time to make a OEM SLP CD at least of Media Center Center and Xp Home. (i m fired)

By the way Media Center is really a lite version of Xp Pro,,,

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    XP MCE IS! XP Pro?

Isnt it the same thing but also with media center edition?

6. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #26 ar_seven_am, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  7. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009