Win10 for job as much as possible like win7

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Rey46, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Nice object for hackers, no security updates automatically installed, clogged up (fragmented hdd, no file recovery options, etcetc) system :D:D

2. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    on the contrary, I forgot to mention that I'm doing the paid maintenance, SSD's don't need constant maintenance by the OS and I always disable all scheduled automated background tasks in all my computers when trigerred when the computer is idle. And the client is using Macrium Reflect for backups.

you're dreaming if you think that Windows security "critical" updates will protect you from hackers!!! :D:D:D read about the latest exploits and how easy it is to circumvent Windows 10 "security" to see how futile constant updating is - imagine a leaking bucket full of dodgy patches with more being added constantly....

3. Rey46

Rey46 MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2014
    I would like to do like you but when M$ will release an upgrade people that used software for example "Win 10 Toggle Tweaker" could have problems (I think).. What software did you use?

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    With that rolling release cycle in Win 10, every big upgrade will most likely cause loads of trouble, equal what a user did. In ~ a month we will now for sure in regards of Creatores Update.

My system is very similiar to the one Hackeur described and i'm not alone. There fastly will be reports what happend after upgrading, when RS2 goes online.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hackeur

Jun 14, 2009
    MSMG ToolKit to remove most features and components in the ISO before install, Winaero and MDL scripts and commands batch files after install to tweak the system services, scheduled tasks etc...
    I used the official Lenovo and Nvidia drivers that were needed after install.
    checked 'critical' updates with WUMT if any are worthwhile installing after research what is actually "critical".
    installed 3rd party software, anti-virus, sandbox etc...
    after testing that everything works and Windows 10 behaves as it should, create a Macrium Reflect master mage back up which I used on the other machines.

I convert batch files to exe to toggle enable/disable scripts to make it simple for users to run as admin.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    And you're client is now fully dependent on you're "help" (at cost).

7. Hackeur

Jun 14, 2009
    I make a living buying auction lots of ex-lease computers (mostly Lenovo), refurbished them, add SSD, more memory etc.. and I also do maintenance contracts and on call help for my clients.

I found that 'old' servers with dual Xeons and 128GB Ram run better and as fast as the new CPUs costing much more and there is a good demand for them.

I have quite a few master images of Windows 10, some are intact and some are fully customized as required. I just do what clients want or don't want on their installation.