Win11 / win7 dual boot problem

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by sonique, Oct 9, 2021.

1. sonique

sonique MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    HEllo
    i have problem dual boot 2 separeted ssd
    one win7 cloned other ssd and updated win10/11
    but not possible boot windows 7 use win11 bootmanager
    always 0000428 error Windows cannot verify the digital signature
    try bootrec /RebuildBcd
    bcdedit -set /drive/ nointegritychecks
    not help

but i boot directly bios win7 ssd not any problem

just always chekdisk
    win7 shut down boot win11 chkdsk
    and viceversa

any id ? how to fix ?
    thanks

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you use 2 physical drives, each one for each own OS, just use the BIOS Boot manager to boot to which OS you just like!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sonique

sonique MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    this not possible use
    every Os boot and run but after shut down and start another /switch hdd bios /
    automatic run CHKDSK and detect few error
    only use one hdd boot not any problem only boot second

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    For dual-booting Win7 vs. Win8.x or 10 or 11, be sure to switch OFF the Fast boot feature in 8/10/11! Shutting down in Fast boot mode does not a complete shutdown, but a partial hibernation. Win7 is not aware of this and will damage the filesystem!

General rule of thumb: If a disk is hibernated (partially or fully doesn't matter), never touch it using an external source. The OS doing the hibernation makes precise assumptions about the state of the disk, and the slightest change can make it non-bootable (or, worse, non-accessible).

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @sonique:

You will also need to off Fast Boot in the BIOS of your computer('s) if you want to use the BIOS Boot Manager! Maybe also set your Drives to Legacy Mode too!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sonique

sonique MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    ok
    i try fast boot off bios
    but after intsalled win11 never hibernated win11 only 1 time win7 adn after shut down the os boot win 11
    i hope gone always run chkdsk windows start because damage the os
    2day ago win7 chkdsk completly kill win11

boot options only possible set Legacy Mode

7. sonique

sonique MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    #7 sonique, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    (OP)
    not possible use dual boot
    not helped fast boot of and legacy boot
    boot up win11 but removed win7ssd
    2 times boot and one time hibernated win11
    after shut down and w11 inster win7 ssd
    and again chkdsk win11 disk and other storage hdd

any good option ? not possible use different bootmanager
    or need always phisical remov win7 and win11 drive
    but storage not help ...

best option trash win11 and stay win7

and win11 Os killed :D not boot anymore :D

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @sonique:

That seems to be a BIOS problem.

Did you use a Custom BIOS, an altered BIOS, an unlocked BIOS, or whatsoever, or is it an original BIOS?

I've at the moment an Acer Aspire 4752G Laptop from a customer with a BIOS problem. The BIOS used, is an Unlocked BIOS.
    That Laptop has started to have similar problems to yours, firstly the BIOS Boot Manager has not worked correctly, following by even not more able to start the BIOS by using the F2 and/or DEL Key, as well as the F12 Key to choose the Boot Device did not work anymore.
    I tried to re-burn the latest original BIOS, but failed till now! Maybe tomorrow I'll buy a BIOS-IC and burn it with the CH341A Programmer and physically change the BIOS to a new burned one with the original Acer Bios latest edition. Will see that will work!
    Could be a few days to solve because of hardware availability!

9. sonique

sonique MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    bios modded but not have any problem F1 bios setup or F12 boot option this working fine all bios setting working
    lenovo t430 with i7 cpu modification battery patch slic 2.1 but

never try but i thin same ssd use dual boot working

i have problem many many time run chkdsk and kill filesystem invalid security id
    win11 bootmngr not possible boot win7 i think different signature or other ?

10. Hal2000

Hal2000 MDL Junior Member

Apr 26, 2014
    #10 Hal2000, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Guys your making it harder than it needs to be. I'm booting Win 7 Win 8 win 10 Enterprise on one SSD and win server 2022 and win 10 Education on a second drive.All you have to do is boot into the working drive and use Easy BCD to add the other partitions to the boot drive. Name them what you want and away you go.

Multi boot on the same drive is easy if you start with Win 7 and work up through win 8 and then win 10. Separate partitions obviously.In this way windows will edit the boot partition for you
    if you still have the original win 7 you cloned from.

I suggest you start again with only one ssd connected reclone the win7, then reduce the partition size to say half of the drive and install windows 10 into the cleared c partition space creating a second partition to install into. windows 10 will add itself to the boot partition and on reboot you will be able to choose which system to boot into. Now you have a spare SSD to save backups to.

11. broadcast23

broadcast23 MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2009
    Win 7 has UEFI mode but no secure boot. So you would have to boot with secure boot off

12. sonique

sonique MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    finally working
    need bootmanager update
    and few settings BCD
    need off fast start win11
    now not any problem start separated ssd win11 bootmanager and start win7
    boot Legacy mode, no secure boot