Win7 asuseee gho image

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shawdy, Aug 13, 2009.

1. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    struggling to get win7 on my asuseee (nocd) and the usb way is a pain.

Anyone know where i can get a ghost .gho file iso or even better a acronis image of win7 rtm ??? for asus eee 701 4g...

thanks in advance..:)

ANyon know what would be the best activator to use on the assus eee ? Has anyone activated it on the asus

2. Johnny

Johnny MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Well, I have it installed on my Asus EeePC 1000H. I doubt you can install it in a EeePC 701 because of the disk space. 4GB are not enough.

About the activation, I used a moded bios from this forum and it is all right.

3. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    asus

hi thanks for the reply, i already have a lite versions of win7 rtm iso size is like 1.4gb i know it can fit on the 4g, read it many times. theres also a mod eee site that has a torent for the win7 lite version which i also got but the version is not rtm.

I last put winxp on using a ghost file which took like ten mins to restore it, i was hoping someone new of a simular version for the eee and netbooks.

4. shadowman99

shadowman99 MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2009
    For Ghost or Image of WIndows 7;
    Logon as Administrator and from a administrator command prompt invoke the following changes:

BCDEDIT /set {bootmgr} device boot
    BCDEDIT /set {default} device boot
    BCDEDIT /set {memdiag} device boot
    BCDEDIT /set {default} osdevice boot

Reboot Then you can Image Ghost,acronis you Drive,

5. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    #5 shawdy, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
    (OP)
    acronis

I dont have win7 on it to acronis it, also acronis will image any drive without doing above but thanks for the info. Im looking for a windows7 image so i can just restore it to my asuseee 701 without the hastle of installing from a usb which is a pain...

Just need someone to share their already installed asuseee windows 7 lite version as a .gho or acronis image for easy installation..

6. tuan.cse06

tuan.cse06 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Norton Ghost 11.5 ( in Hiren's Boot CD 9.9 ) works well with Windows 7 .