Win7 is not genuine...KB971033 problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gamby, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamby

Gamby MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    By saying "try online validation", you meaning to download and run the validation from microsoft site ?!

2. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    #22 WinFLP, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    have you restarted or logged out/logged in?

4. suckmyooga

suckmyooga MDL Junior Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Yes. And its still activated. I did bios mod.

5. craftbrewer

craftbrewer MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    This has been stated many times before, but for those who have come in late.

Just because you download WAT, it doesn't mean you are ok, if you dont go immediately non-genuine.

WAT will take sometimes up to a couple of days til it actually "talks" with M$ and exchange the data and evaluates your machine. So just download WAT and then saying "gee I am ok, I am still genuine" is WRONG. You should not just take the word of people on forums like these that they are ok.

Its only after WAT actually phones home, that you know if you pass or not. And as I have said, that can be days in some cases. Its certainly not immediately after you download and install WAT

6. suckmyooga

suckmyooga MDL Junior Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I'm sorry about that. I'll just change my keys to be safe.

7. Gamby

Gamby MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    I do not know why things did not move good for me,
    but the key stopped working for me for unclear reasons.
    What is clear to me that my computer just went back to work as before this problem came up,
    and you all help me with this success and I thank you for all the help and generosity.:clap: :worthy:

8. Pusspa

Pusspa MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    After downloading this update for my Win7 Ultimate x64 and suffering no obvious effects, I smugly continued on my way till late yesterday when i was greeted with a black background, and 'this is not genuine' nag. I tried changing my key, but even with reboot i was still getting nags, so i tried clicking on the 'go online to fix' and after a short download, it was proudly proclaimed that I was in fact using a genuine certified copy. I havent uninstalled any updates, and other than having to put my wallpaper back manually it seems all is back to normal.

9. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    did you have a bios mod or how were you activated

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Pusspa

Pusspa MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    bios mod (HP dv6519tx)

11. Dude245

Dude245 MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    When you enter a correct key that matches your manufacturer, a cert that mathes the manufacturer, you need to go to retry validation, go to microsoft to do that

12. grioghair

grioghair MDL Novice

May 6, 2008
    #33 grioghair, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    I had the same problem. I used a bios mod with a dell cert back when Windows7 was released. Downloaded the 1033 by accident. Fixed it by using new product key and re-validated. How is this patch coded, if it can detect a modded bios from software. Puzzling me!

13. Dude245

Dude245 MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    It detects mismatches

14. sandipandi

sandipandi MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2010
    #35 sandipandi, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
    Do you know any guides that would help me find out what to use for my bios? I already tried to use a different manufacturer and it didn't work. My bios previously said acrsys...my mobo is an Abit IP35 Pro...I will dig up what I can but I seem to be stuck ATM.

Okay I found out my bios is Pheonix Technologies, LD 6.00 PG, 9/6/2007, SMBios version 2.5...but I still have no clue what to do from here :( In my system info it just says OEM for Manufacturer and OEM for my Model it also says OEM (since I built the computer).

I'm basically screwed since I turned on updates today - I forgot the danger in it - :/ and I ended up download the MS update that destroyed my "genuine" install. I uninstalled the update but the loader will not work because of the mismatching.

15. 7Heaven

7Heaven MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2011
    I had a problem after this update sneaked in - needless to say my Windows update settings have now been changed!!

Tried all sorts, but in the end used the repair tool that strips out ALL the hacks and restores Windows to how it should be, so it was back to the 30 Day trial. Reboot, then installed the latest Daz loader, reboot, and now working like a charm - it really is that easy:biggrin: The sticky threads on this forum are fantastic help and even as I noob to all this, I soon sorted it out!

16. habitaddict

habitaddict MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2013
    Not using IE to validate will bring back KB971033

Just a little note to those who access the Windows online validation website: -
    View attachment Online Validation link 1.txt

If you are not using Internet Explorer (and therefore you cannot run the Windows Activation Technologies ActiveX Control), you will be redirected to a download page for WindowsActivationUpdate.exe;
    this program installs Windows Update KB971033 when launched.
    View attachment Online Validation link 2.txt

You have been warned! :druff:

17. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    post before yours is from 31 Oct 2011, 10:36, but thanks for the info :biggrin:

18. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Nothing new here. WindowsActivationUpdate.exe is just another name for kb971033, and it must be downloaded and installed even if you use internet explorer. It is a prerequisite for online validation.

This seems like another example of a thread that should have been closed some time ago. Read the stickies instead.