WIN7 Problems....! U gussed it...Activation!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DigitalG, Oct 19, 2009.

1. DigitalG

DigitalG MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Hello folks,
    I am new here...and to the decission weather i want to modify my Motherboard to get win7...

The questions are...i have tried BIE X64 release x86 release and nothing gives me more then 30 days....i have tried all the hacks that are posted here...by Hazer/Hasher and others...[Sorry no disrespect but i have lost name and counts of what i have used].....

But everything geos through and shows activation complete box...reboot...and then it's 30 days :( i have tried fresh install with even trying no ISP connected...without typing pass...and keeping activate online checkbox checked and not checked...but nothing works...

I heard that i need to modify my bios...what does that exactly do...i know my hardware specs...that i can post...and may be you guys can guide me in correct direction...weather i need to SLIC 2.1...or is there a way to find If i have SLIC 2.0 or 2.1...also guide for patcher....and tutorial...

and plz be little specific..b/c i am NOOB to this thing....

Thanks in advance...

DigitalG! :confused:

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 Daz, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zolookas

zolookas MDL Junior Member

May 13, 2007
    Post your computer manufacturer and model (if it is a branded computer) or motherboard manufacturer and model.

4. DigitalG

DigitalG MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Here's MOBO mannifacturer info....i have system built up....so it's not from any company...
    Motherboard Properties:
    Manufacturer Intel Corporation
    Product DP45SG
    Version AAE27733-403

BIOS Properties:
    Vendor Intel Corp.
    Version SGP4510H.86A.0112.2009.0311.1722
    Release Date 03/11/2009
    Size 1024 KB
    Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
    Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
    Supported Standards DMI, ACPI, ESCD
    Expansion Capabilities PCI

Motherboard:
    CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)
    Motherboard Name Intel Skyburg DP45SG (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
    Motherboard Chipset Intel Eaglelake P45
    System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
    BIOS Type AMI (03/11/09)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

i got this information using EVEREST Corporate ed...software...

Thanks i am waiting for some replies!

:D

5. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #5 Rosco, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    First

Get a copy of Everest from Lavalsys - they give you a trial. Everest is a diagnostic program. Run it and look at the left side of the program window and click on the "Motherboard" item which will drop down some more choices. Choose ACPI and the right windows will show the various BIOS tables in your motherboard BIOS.

Look down the list for "SLIC: Software Licensing Description Table".

If it isn't there then you need a loader to provide one or modify your BIOS.

If it is there the new version of Everest shows the version of SLIC available - you need 2.1 for Windows 7.

Now, you need to understand a little about how this works.

The SLIC table contains some info which Windows (7 or Vista) use to confirm that it is installed on an approved OEM Machine such as Dell, HP, Compaq etc.

It does this by checking a digital certificate file the OEM includes with the version of Windows installed on their machine when they sell it. The key only refers to the Version of Windows installed - that is Vista or 7 versions have keys for different versions like Ultimate, Basic, Home Premium. Vista Ultimate keys do not work for 7 and vice versa etc.

The SLIC table is loaded into memory during the boot process and is there for Windows to check. So, for a loader to work they must load a simulated table into memory during the boot process which is why if you use a loader it must run to work - if you use Windows DVD to restore the Windows bootloader you do not have an SLIC table and hence no activation unless you have an OEM machine or a modified BIOS.

So when you run Everest you should see the SLIC table entry in the program and it should show as SLIC Version 2.1.

Now you should NEVER NEVER NEVER (have I said it enough ?) try using a patch on a patch on a patch etc.

The BIE releases you say you use run a script at the end of the install process to install a loader, certificate and key. You can see this if you choose "Control Panel -> Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management" where you will see on Disk 0 a 100 MB partition called "System Reserved".

You can right click on this and choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." to give it a letter and it will open in explorer. You then need to choose "Folder options and show hidden system files and you will see the file in the root directory of this partition called something like "W7ldr" - can't remember exactly don't use loaders myself.

OR you can take my word for it - IF YUO do look don't forget to reverse all the steps - you do not want to mess up this partition or have system files available to view unless you know what you're doing.

I know the BIE DVDs work so some thing went wrong for you.

Is your computer an OEM - HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, Compaq etc ??

If so it may have an SLIC table in the BIOS. Using a loader on some of these can cause memory errors which can take many forms -
    1. The computer won't start because two items are fighting for the same memory address.
    2. The computer boots but there is not an SLIC table to activate against.
    3. Your computer has a memory error and Blue Screens

So, I would find a clean non activated DVD to download, install with that and try a loader from here. If you try to do anything fancy like dual boot you need to learn how this stuff works.

What you are looking for is already here but so many new posts and threads make it confusing day by day. Unless you know how to recover from a bad BIOS flash I wouldn't try modifying yours. (People ask why I always put BIOS in capitals - because it is important - without a properly functioning BIOS your computer is really just a fancy doorstop).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jonty07

jonty07 MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Hey?
    There should be, as it is part of the prog?

Have you followed the instructions properly?

Unzip -> Install -> Access -> scroll down to ACPI Table -> move left to the SLic Tab, and locate table as shown on the image provided on the webpage which has been linked to.

If a Meerkat can do it, then.......!:D

7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Unless I'm mistaken Intel boards like that don't have SLIC table, and adding one has been problematic. You need to find a loader that works.

8. DigitalG

DigitalG MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    How do i find the right Loader...i must have tried bunch of em with no luck!

9. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #13 Daz, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  10. DigitalG

DigitalG MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Have tried i think 1.4 version and 1.5...seems to be working and then it just reboots..and black screen...shows bunch of letters but nothing happens...just hangs...! Also what is default...older...alternative , older...

i am sorry but dont know what they arE!

11. splur

splur MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Have you tried the Daz loader?

Also, did you unclick "activate automatically online" while you were installing?

12. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #16 Daz, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    @ DigitalG
    The latest version is 1.7 and the actual loader (GRLDR) has changed allot since, unless you are referring to Hazar's build numbers.

Each mode on my program will try to activate you in different ways by attempting to place the SLIC into different area's of memory. It may sound rather complex but the option to switch the default mode is there and easy to use. In basics if one modes fails to get you activated try another until you have tried each and every mode (apart from custom menu.lst).

I really think it's just an OEM partition or something you got laying around which is interfering with the activation, a whole drive format via Active@ Kill Disk will likely solve your issue.

13. DigitalG

DigitalG MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Yes i have tried Daz's Loader and have triend not checking the activate online...but have Tried BIE release...i dont know if that makes difference? does it have to be untouched version of Win 7?

Thanks!

14. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    For both my own, Hazar's and the BIE's to fail it sounds exactly the same as bambara's issue. You may have had an OEM or recovery partition of some sorts laying around from Vista (maybe even XP) and that's causing activation to fail.

^ Just do that to confirm it.

15. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Taken within XP so its a little hard to say, I think your E drive is the active partition when on Windows 7. Do you use all 3 of the partitions yourself?