Win7 SP1 beta problem need help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by luke, Apr 14, 2010.

1. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
  2. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    #2 SoLoR, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    Are you shocked that 3rd party driver might be incompatible with SP1 ? hey... its beta :eek: use something else or dont use beta SP1. Question do you have Live movie maker installed? Because this driver might be part of it.

3. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    no i dont have live move maker installed could be CyberLink PowerDirector ,Virtual CloneDrive or UltraISO what every its is sucks balls

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Uninstall SP1 beta - simple.

If it doesn't work for you get rid of it - hope you have an image of your system before you installed it.

I never install Service Packs if I don't have to - I always wait for M$ to release the integrated version.

Most of their SPs are only a rollup of updates anyway - OK maybe some new features - but I found Vista with SP2 integrated results in a far better system (faster and more stable/responsive) than installing Vista and applying the service packs - it will be the same with 7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    i agree with you here .. there's no need to install a "Pre" beta of Service Packs..

I disagree here.. i used both versions..
    Vista w/out SP slipstreamed & w/ SP slipstreamed and notice no difference..

not sure if it's luck, my computer, or coincidence.. but never noticed any difference..
    especially considering they contain the same files..

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I always noticed a difference - I certainly will not apply a service pack to a system that has been running for some time with lots of programs and updates already installed

and

of course the big advantage is one install instead of install and patch - I still prefer integrated install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...