Win7 Ultimate built 7600 not updating

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Orgon, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Hello
    I’ve got some serious problems with my OS built 7600 since its’ activation as WORKGROUP has a very annoying message saying
    This copy of Windows is not genuine that hasn’t been erased.As M$ recognizes my OS as WORKGROUP and the update service for Windows Update has somehow totally ceased to work (maybe due to a nasty hack this summer; but working fine after doing some cleaning up) only to show messages that the computer has to be restarted again after the reboot when the Desktop shows up and prior to going online on the Internet;this doesn't work.
    In the system Window I do get the information on 64-bit OS running on i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz (it’s not overclocked!). Further information gathered in the system panel - in Control Panel - is the online support to Apple Online support web page together with an apple icon.When either clicking the Windows activation code or the Change product key the problem becomes present with the impossibility to solve as WAT prompts me with
    Error 0x80070424 to exclude me from any possibilities of keeping the computer up to date.By the way I use a different Internet Security suite with enabled firewall that keeps the computer at top notch, but when activating the Windows Firewall it’s impossible to do so as the error code prompts me that this can’t be done.Also when attempting update in Windows Update in System and Security panel, the following error – that the recent updated (and run) Internet Security suite has not received any notifications of any suspect activity – shows; C:\Windows\system32\slui.exe the system is unable to perform any of the tasks.
    I’ve tried to set the computer to start up from another date in the Action Center and that didn’t help at all.After that I did (an irreversible act of) a manual reset overriding the preprogrammed Windows recommendations and found the last update(s) originating from 2012-11-26 including SP3.
    [The malicious kb971033 has been uninstalled as it screwed up my OS
    ].
    I've also performed the manual update with sfc/ scannow as Administrator and windows registry didn't find any malfunctions in the OS.
    Perhaps there’s a malicious kb update that prevents the smooth running operation of the registered genuine Ultimate 7 that I’ve missed?
    Please, help as total reinstall isn’t an option.

Orgon fresh Virgin newbie
    :eek:

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
  3. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Im sure that he needs to do a REPAIR installation.... since he used some "Unnamed: HACK. and if SFC can not repair... that means Ownership has been taken by something...
    strange he has no RESTORE Points, or RESTORE IMAGE. and I have KB971033 and all the other M$ Pirate Killers installed on my Pirate Edition of Windows 7 Ultimate...
    runs like Windows 7 should...

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Uh huh....what you propose sounds good. I favor a full disk wipe and OS re-installation but if a repair install works then he's good to go. KB971033 has always been a non problem for me.

5. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Sorry for not answering to any of your ideas on how to restore my OS due to the fact that it’s been impossible for me to access the browser, which was infected with some spyware that was hiding behind a malicious Trojan that always passed through as genuine and not harmful to the system, but after following some “easy” steps from friends’ recommendations on how to clean up this mess: I’ve at least restored the browsing part in Win7.[This might have been the “left-over” after the nasty hack that a fraudulent site caused; my entire CC had to be terminated as my account was emptied of all the money in the bank!].The downside after the removal is present with the impossibility of activating the security in Windows Update as it constantly prompts me to restart the computer; still no changes after the restart!
    Prior to start any endeavors in getting rid of win 7 Ultimate I must clarify that the annoying message
    This copy is not genuine still is visible in the right hand corner (Hasars remove WAT didn’t do its’ job) and this must disappear in this version
    :inv:.
    If I understand the information correctly from the recent poster, then after installing the Windows Loader by Daz it should all be good to go
    :clap: with the OS software again by installing and using a clean version of Windows 7 SP 1 (has the “malicious” KB971033 :beee: update installed); where do I get this version :confused: ?
    This means, apart from the settings, that all of my passwords, personal information, Favorite Tabs, business documents, applications, media programs, …, is definitely is deleted(!).As this act is – once carried out – irreversible, then omitting the part of doing a backup prior to performing any of these tasks of wiping the HD clean isn’t at this point so favorable (and is an “easy solution”).
    Is there any other way that is helpful?
    Thanks for professional ideas you have by posting those in this thread,
    :cheers:

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
  8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    At this point I think it would be helpful for you to state in brief, concise terms exactly where you stand right now. Help needs to be helped along sometimes. And yeah .... ditch the blue font.

In no particular order:

What error messages are you now seeing?
    Do you have backups of your data?
    Do you have a Restore Point prior to your problem you can use?
    Do you have a System Image prior to your problem you can use?
    Is RemoveWAT still active on your computer?
    Did you try Daz's loader on your problematic system?
    Have you done a disk wipe and re-installed Windows 7?
    If you reinstalled 7 have you tried to activate it and if so by what method or methods?

9. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Well, many questions to be answered as I’m sure that all of you want to help me out of the problems.
    7 Ultimate works apart from the fact that it’s impossible to
    1. Activate the Windows Update
    2. Run Windows Defender
    3. Windows Firewall is blocked showing me an annoying message “Error code 0x80070424” which is also followed by the “restart the computer … “ to update the system.
    The System panel [control Panel > System and Security > System] doesn’t inform me of SP1 or that Win 7Ultimate is Genuine Microsoft (with the ).Instead I’ve got that grey Apple with a prompt to activate the OS online.However, activating is impossible through Apple website as it doesn’t recognize the key and changing it is blocked as well.
    I’m trying to answer as brief and concise as possible but must add the specific behavior to my version in order to help with the facts and therefore am also slightly unsure before performing any actions that might later on do more harm than to help out.So;
    I’ve got about 9 restore points this last month that can be used - I’ve accidentally erased all of the Windows ”automatic”restore points(!).
    Remove WAT is deleted from the computer.
    My OS was installed on a brand new unused hard drive.
    Now, I’ve read the information to the links and am a bit hesitant to follow the advice as it more or less stipulates that all data on the HD must permanently be deleted.
    That’s the status
    Oh yeah. there’s got to be an easier way to solve this than to completely clear out all the information in the drive?
    Thanks for supportive help
    P.S
    Later on, If I’d like to use Windows 8, is there a secure – flawless – way to activate that software to make it genuine without any problems of changing any hardware or making any other major alternations?

10. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Well, many questions to be answered as I’m sure that all of you want to help me out of the problems.
    7 Ultimate works apart from the fact that it’s impossible to
    1. Activate the Windows Update
    2. Run Windows Defender
    3. Windows Firewall is blocked showing me an annoying message “Error code 0x80070424” which is also followed by the “restart the computer … “ to update the system.
    The System panel [control Panel > System and Security > System] doesn’t inform me of SP1 or that Win 7Ultimate is Genuine Microsoft.Instead I’ve got that grey Apple with a prompt to activate the OS online.However, activating is impossible through Apple website as it doesn’t recognize the key and changing it is blocked as well.
    I’m trying to answer as brief and concise as possible but must add the specific behavior to my version in order to help with the facts and therefore am also slightly unsure before performing any actions that might later on do more harm than to help out.So;
    I’ve got about 9 restore points this last month that can be used - I’ve accidentally erased all of the Windows ”automatic”restore points(!).
    Remove WAT is deleted from the computer.
    My OS was installed on a brand new unused hard drive.
    Now, I’ve read the information to the links and am a bit hesitant to follow the advice as it more or less stipulates that all data on the HD must permanently be deleted.
    That’s the status
    Oh yeah. there’s got to be an easier way to solve this than to completely clear out all the information in the drive?
    Thanks for supportive help
    P.S
    Later on, If I’d like to use Windows 8, is there a secure –flawless – way to activate that software to make it genuine without any problems of changing any hardware or making any other major alternations?

11. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #12 PhaseDoubt, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    If all else has failed, and you've spent days trying to fix your problems, your only real fix may be to wipe the drive and reinstall the OS. Wiping the drive does destroy all data but just back your data up first. Yes it's a hassle to reinstall your programs and tweak the OS but once done and satisfied you can make a system image in the event you have future problems.

If you have good restore points try them. If you have a good system image try it too.

Your original post was on Nov. 17 and the question you have to ask yourself is how long are you willing to put up with your [unresolved] problems? If it's no big deal, and your system being in the shape it's in is tolerable to you, then keep doing what you're doing.

12. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Well so far none of the help you advised to use the WAT Fix – DID NOT WORK – has aided me in making it easier for restoring the OS.Instead you favor the most aggressive type of restore (that I already knew of) which only is the last action to do when a really nasty attack has nestled itself on the HD; that makes it impossible to get rid of (this had to be done on my old XP Professional computer) and then it seems alright to totally clean the drive.So, I think that your advice is not very helpful at this point :mad:.
    My friend has told me that you can alter the information in the registry keys and that does the trick.
    Anyway, prior to downloading the copy from the provided link, installing the M$ W7 Ultimate and then activating that copy with M$, again, I still find it much easier to ask if anyone can’t provide any better solution? o_O

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Well it is back on you now you have been given all the necessary advice if WAT Fix did not work then next option is a repair install and after that clean installation.

14. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Then there's your answer. You're friend knows what to do and in all honesty your friend is likely your best source for the help you need.

15. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Hello everybody
    I’ve managed to ditch the font Comic Sans, due to some minor unhappiness amongst some of the members on this forum.
    Now, I’m back to business again with trying to “restore” my fully functional Windows 7 Ultimate built 7600, English version.
    The current OS is working quite well (some minor troubles like experiencing slower response) prior to the time when I could choose if an update should be allowed to make any changes to my computer or not, are becoming bothering together with the fact that at some time when I accidentally changed the “pre-programmed” automatic behavior of this Ultimate, built 7600, in the actual system image; I chose the Apple logo – instead of the Microsoft image.After that the updates were installed except my one mistake with the kb 971033 - attention pirated users – that MS prompted me to install(!).The message “This copy of windows is not genuine” didn’t disappear
    :furious: . With a lot of help from this forum, I managed to bypass the nightmares that followed and also had to be endured, in order to have a relatively functional software that recently has a product ID# that even Apple support doesn’t recognize for activation.Furthermore, windows Defender and Windows firewall (that I’ve never activated due to protection from my Internet security suite) can’t be used by default and any other manual updates aren’t recognized by this computer any more.
    As written on December 09, “My friend has told me that you can alter the information in the registry keys and that does the trick.”, unfortunately isn’t possible as that person no longer can offer support in this matter; does anyone here at the forum have the specific registry keys? If not, then I guess there are several other ways to reactivating this OS, however, you presented one easy (straightforward method) as a repair install by using the media offered in one of threads including SP1.[This seems quite logical if it doesn’t disable the (by me activated) genuine MS Office Outlook 2007 (this was installed on the main HD together with Win 7 Ultimate) that other forums informs as a potential risk of doing so.].
    Please, can you instruct me on the procedure to download this and using it to correct my Ultimate?
    Orgon, still, fresh Virgin newbie with novice status
    :weep:.

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ sorry Orgon, but there is more than enough information on this forum to solve your problem. Closing this thread.