Win7&Vista activation RTM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jupier2k, Apr 26, 2009.

1. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Question : With Win 7 RTM release soon Can Win 7 dual boot with Vista with both SLIC mode activation?

Unless Vista share the same SLIC but different OEM serial!

2. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    If you mean the Vista boot-loader method then remember that after installing Win7 it will be overwritten.
    You can re-apply it however.
    SLIC isn't working in Win7 yet, because we don't have the OEM keys and the certificates needed for this.
    We are also not sure if the SLIC signature will remain the same or will be changed (compared from Vista).
    But as Yen mentioned - the SLP 2.0 shouldn't change.

To make it short and clear : the SLIC signature CAN change, but we don't know yet if it WILL. If the signature will remain the same then you could theoretically use both with OEM activation. If the signature changes - then you would be able to use one, or if the boot-loaders are modified to support double-signature loaders (just my thought) then theoretically you would be able to use both in dual-boot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    That is my exactl yquery, so basically hardmode SLIC only permit either Win7 or vista unless SLic signature is the same for both !

Thanks for clearing it up.

4. gollum

gollum MDL Member

Jun 6, 2007
    I mentioned that before. Slic and Cert from Vista work well in Windows 7 and it seems very unlikely that there will be another change to this before they go live on stage. I presume that we will only have to wait until the OEM-Keys are issued until we can just activate windows 7 exactly the same way we did before with vista - either by modded bios or by loader.
    Lets just pray this will be true... :-D

5. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Actually I have the feeling Vista SLIC and win 7 will most likely be compatible.

I installed win7 build 7048 dual boot with vista - activate Vista with softmode.

Later I decided to update MB bios with vista compatible SLIC.

no problem activate Vista tested with 32 or 64 bit.

However strangely Win7 b7048 display my Ein 7 as non-genuine and its a pirated copy.

So obviously Win7 do some checksum with the BIOS even at this early stage!!

I tried to change the key and it actrivated for 24 hour and pirated copy re- appear.

I wish I delete the tokens.dat and see whether it will work .
    unfortuately I have formated and install Win7 7100 RC

6. tekken

tekken MDL Junior Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Relax man...